SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   mask exemption card (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=93359)

Bored 16th January 2021 16:59

mask exemption card

Do you have a mask exemption card for anxiety? I think i would feel more anxious not wearing a mask, and being asked why am i not wearing a mask everytime i go on the bus or into a shop

Merritt 16th January 2021 17:29

Re: mask exemption card

I'd feel like I was drawing way more attention to myself by not wearing one, my anxiety would be through the roof. Wearing a mask has actually turned out to be a bit of a comfort, being able to be even more covered up than I usually am.

neilm 16th January 2021 18:02

I struggle wearing a mask a bit , mostly owing to vision problems because I wear spectacles.

No anxiety related issues, so naturally I dont have an Exemption Card. Feel quite sorry for folk who are exempt, and are forced to prove they are. But in the last 7/8 months I cant recall seeing a single Non mask wearer being approached by anyone, anyway

Roll on the time when everybody gets the vaccine, so we get get rid of these awful things.

firemonkey 16th January 2021 18:34

That slimeturd Laurence Fox bought an exemption badge from Amazon .

Merritt 16th January 2021 18:48

^ Even for a professional troll, Fox is tedious. That would've barely been edgy 9 months ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilm (Post 2501296)
I struggle wearing a mask a bit , mostly owing to vision problems because I wear spectacles.

Same here, I could never get the hang of wearing a mask and not fogging up my specs. I'm lucky that I'm only moderately short sighted, so I can go without them when I pop to the shops.

Seagull 16th January 2021 21:32

A snood is a good alternative to a mask, I started wearing one two days ago after getting a sore rash on the back of my ear from mask strap. At work I keep it around my neck all day, pulling it up when needed, so much easier than mask on mask off and apparently causes less of an issue with glasses and fogging. Mine’s a diy effort, made from cutting the top off a woollen hat, does the job. :)

Dougella 16th January 2021 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by firemonkey (Post 2501298)
That slimeturd Laurence Fox bought an exemption badge from Amazon .

He really is the lowest of the low.

Sunrise 17th January 2021 06:42

If you're exempt from wearing a mask you're not required to have a card. A lot of places won't question you if you're not wearing one, but even the places that do have to take your word for it if you say you're exempt. There's no requirement to show proof, and it's actually illegal for anyone to ask for proof. They can ask if you're exempt, but they can't ask for proof. It's a bit pointless in that respect as anyone could say yes and you have to believe them.

If the experts are to be believed then even with the vaccines it looks like masks and social distancing are here to stay for the foreseeable. If it saves lives it's a very small price to pay I guess. I have to wear one 8-10 hours a day, 5 days a week and it actually feels strange not wearing one now.

Seagull 17th January 2021 10:51

BTP were out in force yesterday, the moment you walked through the barrier two of them were questioning anyone not wearing a mask, ten of them patrolling a relatively small station like the gestapo, checking every person stood on the platforms.

Seagull 17th January 2021 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Longer Human (Post 2501311)
I wish more people weren't wearing them.

Odd comment. If you personally knew people who’d died I’m not so sure you'd be saying that.

Dougella 17th January 2021 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Longer Human (Post 2501311)
What's the mask and anxiety link ? I (genuinely) don't get it. Seems like a crappy excuse not to wear a mask, which is fine with me - I wish more people weren't wearing them.

People who have panic attacks can struggle with having something over their faces. People who have a history of trauma can also really struggle and have flashbacks and panic attacks.

firemonkey 17th January 2021 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunrise (Post 2501317)
It's a bit pointless in that respect as anyone could say yes and you have to believe them.

It's certainly an open invitation for low life's like Toby Dung & Julia Fartley-Spewer to flout the rules.

Sunrise 17th January 2021 13:04

It's a difficult one for me as someone with a "hidden illness" (albeit one that doesn't cause an issue with wearing a mask) as I would not feel comfortable at all if I was forced to wear some sort of badge to prove that I'm a genuine mad person.

However when you get idiot's like Lawrence "not as talented as my dad, uncle, auntie or cousins but live off their reputation" Fox deliberately flouting the rules it's an insult to those who are genuinely exempt and find wearing a mask a serious issue. I wish we could just trust people to do the right thing, and thankfully I think the majority are.

Bored 17th January 2021 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seagull (Post 2501306)
A snood is a good alternative to a mask, I started wearing one two days ago after getting a sore rash on the back of my ear from mask strap. At work I keep it around my neck all day, pulling it up when needed, so much easier than mask on mask off and apparently causes less of an issue with glasses and fogging. Mine’s a diy effort, made from cutting the top off a woollen hat, does the job. :)

a snood is so eighties! but its a good idea,

Mr. Nobody 19th January 2021 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merritt (Post 2501299)
^ Even for a professional troll, Fox is tedious. That would've barely been edgy 9 months ago.

Same here, I could never get the hang of wearing a mask and not fogging up my specs. I'm lucky that I'm only moderately short sighted, so I can go without them when I pop to the shops.

these seem to do the trick,
I buy them in for the building company I work in as we all need to wear safety glasses all the time and masks.

anxiouslondoner 19th January 2021 13:02

If you have to carry a badge to prove you are mask-exempt, why not put it over your mouth and nose where everyone can see it?

Dougella 19th January 2021 17:26

^ A sunflower lanyard seems like a better option for a visual signal that someone is mask exempt!

Percy 19th January 2021 21:12

I forgot to wear a mask the last time i was in lidel

Percy 19th January 2021 21:15

For what reason would someone be exempt from wearing masks?

Dougella 19th January 2021 23:09

^ Breathing problems, maybe a lung condition or a heart condition, autism and sensory difficulties, anxiety and panic attacks.

Percy 20th January 2021 22:15

I've heard of rape victims being given exemptions due to the trauma of having a hand covering their mouths.

Percy 22nd January 2021 03:51

It is horrifying but understandable