SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How are you feeling physically? (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=93419)

Percy 20th February 2021 17:36

Re: How are you feeling physically?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanuq (Post 2503112)
Are you feeling better today, Percy?

I'm fine, thanks for asking.

gregarious_introvert 21st February 2021 11:35

I've always felt very lucky to enjoy the physical health that I do (although, given that I'm unable to find a GP where I live, it's just as well); it does make me feel sad to read about others with ongoing, long-term conditions which limit the quality of their lives. The only life-affecting issue I have is that I have mystery pains in my torso (which I believe result from trapped wind and constipation) which can leave me doubled up in pain and unable to walk easily - these can be infrequent but unpredictable and of late they seem to have increased in frequency (they're currently happening most days) but decreased in severity. Other than that, I had to quit running after tearing both hamstrings about half-a-dozen years ago (I can get a twinge even running for a bus) and I do have an inguinal hernia, although that doesn't affect me greatly.

Overall, everything is fine and other people approaching 60 seem to have many more aches, pains and ailments so I have no complaints.

gregarious_introvert 22nd February 2021 17:04

^ Hi NLH, thanks for the welcome. No, I haven't been travelling - I was in Tier 4 prior to the reintroduction of lockdown, so have been banned from travelling since the end of last year (when I had two trips cancelled because of restrictions in other countries). I've been reunited with my partner and busy with re-adjusting to life as a couple.

We (my partner and I) have been discussing trips which might happen post-lockdown, but have taken the view that it's impossible to make plans whilst everything remains so uncertain, so 2021 is basically a write-off from our point of view and if anything becomes possible, we'll see that as a bonus! I don't think that I would be booking anything as an anxious newbie (certainly not foreign travel, where roll-out of the vaccine is, except in a couple of cases, behind that of the UK and where restrictions might still be applied after they are eased here) until the situation becomes clearer.

I have seen headlines about "vaccination passports" (although I haven't read the reports in detail) and I do think that these are a good idea, in theory; of course, this depends on whether they are accepted by the immigration departments in other countries and the situation within those countries. It seems that it has also been mooted that proof of vaccination might be needed within the UK to book accommodation or access restaurants and bars, which prima facie seems a good idea, but would exclude those who can't have the vaccine on medical grounds, so it would really depend on the details of such a scheme as to whether it was fair or not.

Consolida 21st March 2021 14:55

I had my vaccine around 7:30 yesterday evening and felt absolutely fine (not even a sore arm) but have suddenly started to feel awful. I don't know if it's my usual awful or whether it's a response to the vaccine. My head feels weirdly achey and my eyes more blurry than usual. Or maybe the symptoms are stress related? I just filled out the online Census and pondering over questions regarding my educational and employment (un)achievements and my health always stirs up such anxious and depressing thoughts. Or perhaps the head ache is due to my tooth infection? This is the second lot of antibiotics I've had and the tooth is still painful. The Dentist thinks the pain is coming from a possible perforated tooth that I once had tooth canal surgery on. She's referred me to a dental hospital for an extraction but the waiting list is long. In the meantime, I've googled that an infection from a tooth can move up into the brain. Maybe this is the reason why my head hurts? 🤔

Dougella 21st March 2021 15:06

^^ Sounds like it could be a combination of all those things! A headache is a pretty common side effect of the vaccine I think but by the sounds of it your tooth must probably be causing you pain too. Hope you feel much better in a day or two.

Consolida 21st March 2021 15:32

^/^^ Thank you :)

I've developed a bit of an upset tummy too (sorry, tmi) and my temperature is 37.9 which is slightly higher than normal for me. I'm thinking my general feeling of yuckiness may be due to the vaccine for it to have come on so suddenly. Anyway, I've taken some Paracetamol, just incase. I'm guessing it's a good thing to be feeling off colour because it shows that my immune system has still got a bit of oomph? I wish I could say the same about the rest of me :(

I really really shouldn't have found this thread because I'll be on it every day :embarrass:

newbs16 21st March 2021 23:12

^ It might be worth calling 111, they will ask you questions and they may reassure you and put your mind at rest.

biscuits 21st March 2021 23:30

^^ yes, having a slightly raised temp is a good sign that your antibodies are doing their thang. Most people seem to feel better after two days. Hope that’s the case for you too, :) also make sure you drink some water and rest up.

Same! I feel bad because I didn’t know this thread existed. I’d been spreading my pains all over the place. Now I know where it should go.

Consolida 22nd March 2021 01:00

^/^^ Thank you :)

@ Newbs - I've taken some more Paracetamol and am feeling okay ish now but it's a good idea to phone 111 for anyone who needs a bit of reassurance and advice.

@ Biscuits - Yes I'm drinking plenty and resting up thank you Nurse Biscuits :d

Lol, don't feel bad about posting about your pains elsewhere. I command you to post ALL over SAUK! It's just lovely to have you back :hug2: x

Azalea 22nd March 2021 15:38

I have arthritis, heart disease, angina and 3 slipped discs which give me sciatica. I am in pain pretty much all the time and have to be careful standing up or climbing stairs, everything goes black and I have to sit down or I fall over then my limbs randomly twitch, it's a weird feeling but only lasts for a few seconds. Apart from that I'm perfectly fine :rolleyesp

I'm just glad I'm not a horse or they would have shot me years ago :laughing:

Consolida 22nd March 2021 15:56

^ Aww I'm so sorry that you're having to endure pain on a daily basis Azalea :(
You would think in this day and age that there would be better pain relief drugs available but it seems not. I've suffered with the awful pain of Sciatica myself so can't imagine how you cope with that AND your other conditions.

I must say with each passing year I develop yet another ache or pain and my body is rapidly wearing out. Gawd knows what I'll be like 30 years from now if I live that long! :eekpurple

Lol, I'll join you at the knackers yard when you've had enough of it all :comfort:

Take care Azalea :hug2: xx

Azalea 23rd March 2021 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consolida (Post 2505309)

Lol, I'll join you at the knackers yard when you've had enough of it all :comfort:

Take care Azalea :hug2: xx

I'll save you a seat :hug2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanuq (Post 2505342)
^^ That sounds tough, Azalea :hug2:

Thank you :hug2:

Tonkin 23rd March 2021 11:08

Have you looked into ME/CFS symptoms and treatments? On that program about long covid the other day I think they said that for some people, long covid is ME/CFS so there could be some overlap when it comes to treatment?

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2020101521173

Dougella 24th March 2021 16:38

^ Could it be something along the lines of sleep apnea? Or.....I forget what that thing is called, when you dream that you're falling and then you jerk awake and your heart's beating fast? (Edit: hypnic jerk.)

Dougella 24th March 2021 20:15

That's ok. They do say that there are a lot of neurological symptoms that people can have due to long covid. I expect the medical community will gain more knowledge about it all over time, but that will probably take a long time unfortunately.

Mr. Nobody 25th March 2021 15:19

^

that sounds really rough Nanuq, the night tremors,
I know that tremor can be a way for your body to react if it's feeling really cold,
it's the bodies way of generating heat by stimulating the blood flow,

when I had a reaction after AZ Vaccination , my body was shivering at night, imagining it was somehow freezing, (but obviously it wasn't)

I know that diazepam can be prescribed for body spasms, I'm surprised they haven't done that if it's a core issue you are having,...

came across a short piece on Long Covid affecting women.

Seagull 25th March 2021 15:50

AZ vaccination yesterday, spent an awful night dressed in thermals under 3 big duvets and a blanket and still shivered all night, a banging headache and sore eyes into the mix. Got up this morning feeling rough as and haven’t stopped eating.

...and they say the follow-up dose gives you worse side effects than the first!! :eekpurple. Not looking forward to that :d:laughing:

Dougella 25th March 2021 16:52

^/^^ Maybe the second dose will be better for people who had a nasty reaction to the first dose!

Seagull 25th March 2021 16:55

^^ poor you Kooky. How many days were you ill for post-vaccination? I’ve heard of people vomiting (and worse) having a whole week of feeling rough!

^ That’s my hope Dougella :)

Percy 26th March 2021 04:03

^Hello young lady, where the devil have you been?