SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   Club 30-81 (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The 30+ how are you feeling thread (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=69522)

Mr_Bean 23rd May 2013 11:31

The 30+ how are you feeling thread

I don't know if it's worth having one of these to make this room used more.
(It's just an idea, if it fails it fails. It's just a 2 second idea.)

Actually this might be pointless lol but I'll post it anyway.

Progress 23rd May 2013 12:02

Re: The 30+ how are you feeling thread

I'm feeling 29!
At least I kid myself all the time to try and brainwash myself into believing it. It's the only thing that keeps me going.

PussyRiot 23rd May 2013 12:57

Put this in another thread but going to add it here too so this thread can keep going cos very good idea. I feel strangely hopeful today and that scares me cos I am afraid it won't last.

Flowerbomb 23rd May 2013 13:20

Guilty, not offered the workmen a drink, poor sods! I did yesterday not today, how rude!
Going to ask now even though I don't want to! They are going soon, oh well did ask!

Flowerbomb 23rd May 2013 13:30

I just get uncomfortable as I don't carry on like I would if they weren't here, at the end of the day their opinions of us don't matter in any case, I made them a good cuppa I thought yesterday lol, just apologised for not making them a drink are you dying of thirst? ( response a laugh) OOPS, They are coming back later to grout, gonna ask them then if they want one bringing up to avoid smalltalk, also said that they have probably transformed the bathroom, (creep) won't pester them though. ha, lunchtime for me now I'm very hungry!! Actually breakfast first then lunch, tut!

claire 74 23rd May 2013 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabitha (Post 1726873)
^
I get like that. I get really stressed asking if they would like a drink, and then when I don't, I think that they must think I am miserable, and will mention it, when they are back in their van. I even worry about whether they will like the drink I made.
I hate workmen being in my house. I feel like it has been invaded.

I'm like that at work everyday, my boss has even made me take it back and make a fresh one :headshake

Flowerbomb 23rd May 2013 14:22

How ungrateful, maybe they should make their own! She/he could at least tell you how he/she likes it made, have they?

claire 74 23rd May 2013 14:28

yes I know how he likes it, he's just really picky and depends what mood he's in

PussyRiot 23rd May 2013 14:44

I usually just leave the coffee and tea out with the kettle and say to workmen that they can help themselves. Get too anxious if I have to make it and then serve them.

theoss 23rd May 2013 17:44

Like there has been progression of a sort. Part of it being that most people are mostly only interested in people similar to themselves. There are occasionally exceptions, but in general this seems to apply. The implication is either I take big risks to find what I am looking for or withdraw.

davehedgehog 23rd May 2013 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by smellycat (Post 1726910)
I usually just leave the coffee and tea out with the kettle and say to workmen that they can help themselves. Get too anxious if I have to make it and then serve them.

Us workman builders tradesmen prefer that. Most peoples tea/coffees taste like old socks a few biscuits will get you a top quality job.

Rocket Spud 23rd May 2013 18:09

^ How many sugars do you take??

Tradesmen love a little of that stuff :d

Flowerbomb 23rd May 2013 18:28

Sugar & biscuits, ohhh really, it's time for dinner now, they are not staying for dinner as well lol, when they go I shall say come again, you are quite welcome! :embarrass: :laughing: the shame

claire 74 23rd May 2013 18:51

I had a workman ask me to try a pair of shoes on once, I thought it would be rude not to

davehedgehog 23rd May 2013 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket Spud (Post 1726976)
^ How many sugars do you take??

Tradesmen love a little of that stuff :d

oddly i don't drink tea or coffee so no sugar for me, but i do like free biscuits. i usually go for the orange squash option. or red bush if it's a cultured household(not happened yet)

Rocket Spud 23rd May 2013 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by claire 74 (Post 1726991)
I had a workman ask me to try a pair of shoes on once, I thought it would be rude not to

I absolutely must know more about this, please.

.. hoping for a saucy ending :d

Quote:

Originally Posted by BFG (Post 1726995)
oddly i don't drink tea or coffee so no sugar for me, but i do like free biscuits. i usually go for the orange squash option. or red bush if it's a cultured household(not happened yet)

Ahh.. all tradesmen that's i've dealt with wanted 3-5 sugars per cup :smash: I got's the red bush :thumbpur:

Flowerbomb 23rd May 2013 19:10

@ claire, Ha bit strange, I wouldn't have done that, I would of said why & is there anything whilst I'm at it lol, mine just said if you need anything else doing let me know.

I then apologised about the lack of drinks supplies, I meant to have said for you to help yourself & that there will be no shortage nxt time bet he thinks I'm obsessed with beverages, Too much thought gone into this one I reck, just being concerned & thoughtful ,better late than never.

claire 74 23rd May 2013 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket Spud (Post 1727001)
I absolutely must know more about this, please.

.. hoping for a saucy ending :d:

it was weird, he'd come back from lunch and had a shoe box, he said he had just brought them and if I wouldnt mind trying them on, being the kind of person I am, I was more embarrassed to say no than try them on, he watched as I put them on, I took a few steps in them and he said thanks and I gave them back, I'm thinking he had a shoe fetish, actually I'm wondering how many other girls had put those shoes on :d

Rocket Spud 24th May 2013 11:33

^ Whut??? Only messing :d

I still don't know what to think of that little story, twas quite funny though. Perhaps he was genuine or maybe not, we would need more detail to determine this though.

Why did you think it wrong of him?

claire 74 24th May 2013 13:15

it was such a long time ago I'd forgotton about it till talk of what people offer tradesmen came up, it was embarrassing at the time and a little odd

Rocket Spud 24th May 2013 13:30

^ Oh, yeah. Definitely odd, no doubting that but the juries still out on whether his intentions were innocent or otherwise, i'm afraid. We can't go jumping to conclusions like our friend, Flowerbomb has, or there'd be a lot of men out there walking about with black eyes :D

claire 74 24th May 2013 13:34

could've done some damage with those heels :d

Mr_Bean 25th May 2013 14:44

I am ridiculously unfit.

PussyRiot 25th May 2013 16:12

I feel like I am missing out today. It is really warm and I just feel that everyone is out in the sun, enjoying being together and happy. I just hate SA. It is like a prison sentence except that I was the judge and jury. God, my life is crap.

claire 74 25th May 2013 17:19

feeling tired but good, spent the afternoon in the park making the most of the sun, its large so people are'nt on top of each other

claire 74 26th May 2013 19:38

feeling good, this weather makes me more cheerful, its warm but not too hot which I cant stand as I burn, spent the afternoon with my daughter which always puts me in a good mood :)

maro111 26th May 2013 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by smellycat (Post 1727908)
I feel like I am missing out today. It is really warm and I just feel that everyone is out in the sun, enjoying being together and happy. I just hate SA. It is like a prison sentence except that I was the judge and jury. God, my life is crap.

:hug2: I so know how you feel

davehedgehog 26th May 2013 20:43

Tired is it bed time yet? Zzzz

claire 74 26th May 2013 20:50

my calfs really ache, walked up a steep hill this afternoon at the park, thinking I really should start doing some proper exercising

daveysurfy 26th May 2013 22:34

i feel crap, i have no energy and everything aches, my back, eyes, hands, arms, its been really nice today and i wish i couldve made the most of it but even if i wasnt feeling so wretched i dont have anyone to go out with.