SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   The Social Anxiety Room (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Internet dating sites (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=54015)

Defiance 3rd June 2011 21:42

Re: Internet dating sites

LMAO moomin. thanks, lol.

@grinder .. wtf?

Grinder 3rd June 2011 21:47

Dick-stick a stray dog at the end of the night fam.

AnathemA 3rd June 2011 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinder (Post 1271858)
Defiance talked to me about one time how he hooked up with Lenny Henry one Friday. Say what you like about the man but don't say he has standards.

Are we talking about Defiance or Lenny Henry here? :confused:

Ember 3rd June 2011 22:30

Free night at a premier inn, who could complain about that?!

UkG 3rd June 2011 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defiance (Post 1271754)
i can see why people might think i am setting my standards as super high (unrealistic) as i do harp on about the ratings alot, but that's more for entertainment.

too picky? truth is, when push comes to shove and it's time to reply to messages, i dont really think so. online i will generally reply to anyone who is around the same attractiveness as me or higher, and i dont class myself as anything particularly special btw, so it's not like i'll only think about replying to someone who looks like they should be on the cover of the next FHM magazine.

and im not being funny, if you saw my inbox. you'd see why i moan so much. that girl you showed me the other day as a joke, yeah she had actually sent me a message once before, thats the sort of stuff im working with 80% of the time.

if you think i was being too picky with her .. then i guess your entitled to think whatever you like, but personally no i dont think i was being too picky ..and 80% of messages i get online is of that standard. hence probably when i moan and stuff, combined with the number ratings (which is mainly done for entertainment tbh) i may be giving the impression that i'm pickier than i actually am.

Nah not at all, you ain't picky with the girl I sent you, she was disgusting physically.

It's more when you say a "7" isn't that great or whatever, when if we use the pictures where you gave an example of a "7", which in my mind would be great.

Anyway it wasn't meant in a funny way, I was just saying that you seem picky by some of your posts, but could just be me reading them wrong.

As I said in my previous post, I'm not saying you should take anything, no one should, and everyone is entitled to having a criteria and we can't help what we like.

Uncle Jack 4th June 2011 00:05

ok ive read a few pages on this monster thread but im no closer to find out what website you're talking about?

UkG 4th June 2011 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaveGirl (Post 1271967)
What does that mean?
So harsh! Why was she so repulsive:confused:?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRG.89 (Post 1271975)
aww that's a bit harsh!

I know, that was wrong for me to say it, but it's what I thought.

Honestly I found her repulsive, and I guess the reason for the harshness is due to how she came across in her profile.

See with me I'm not really nasty, if I see someone disfigured for example I wouldn't even think anything along those lines.

But if I see someone who thinks they are better than others, or nasty etc I can sometimes be harsh.

I guess it comes from rightly or wrongly wanting to bring people down who think they are better than they are, nothing gets to me more than people who look down on others or think they are superior.

The way her profile comes across she thinks she's more than what she is.

Geminus 4th June 2011 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Jack (Post 1271974)
ok ive read a few pages on this monster thread but im no closer to find out what website you're talking about?

Probably Plenty of Fish.

Geminus 4th June 2011 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by UkG (Post 1272018)
I know, that was wrong for me to say it, but it's what I thought.

Honestly I found her repulsive, and I guess the reason for the harshness is due to how she came across in her profile.

See with me I'm not really nasty, if I see someone disfigured for example I wouldn't even think anything along those lines.

But if I see someone who thinks they are better than others, or nasty etc I can sometimes be harsh.

I guess it comes from rightly or wrongly wanting to bring people down who think they are better than they are, nothing gets to me more than people who look down on others or think they are superior.

The way her profile comes across she thinks she's more than what she is.

I'm with you dude, I find people who have stink attitudes very repulsive.

Defiance 4th June 2011 09:13

just seen this on a profile:

"I have had this profile for two days and I already have over 100 messages so please don't take offence if you don't receive a reply from me but I do appreciate them. I would literally have to make this my full time job in order to find the time to reply to them all.

Little word of advice......If you message me something such as 'hi', 'hey sexy', 'how are you', 'how was your day/evening', 'you seem like a nice person' or some other unoriginal cliche line then there is a 99% chance that you won't get a reply."

so yeah, they do get bombarded with messages, so i am trying to think positive if i send out messages and dont get replies, but it's still hard to not let that negativety creep in tbh.

Defiance 4th June 2011 09:24

and wtf is it with girls and Vybz Kartel?

i've just come across another profile on there which says if you dont know who he is then dont contact me. that's the second one i've come across.

:dontknow:

Toxic 4th June 2011 09:34

...who?

Defiance 4th June 2011 09:56

^that's what i was like. had to google him.

AnathemA 4th June 2011 11:05

Sounds like she's limiting herself just a bit...

Toxic 4th June 2011 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defiance (Post 1272107)
^that's what i was like. had to google him.

googled

and im none the wiser

anyone who put thats in a profile i dont think id be interested in anyway so whatever i guess :tongue1:

Johnni 4th June 2011 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Jack (Post 1271974)

PlentyofFishthatmessyouaroundinnit.com

Worried 4th June 2011 13:25

Messaged some girl who said anyone who makes a killer cup of tea is welcome - or summit to that effect. Anyways she lives a bit away from me, so I just said it's a shame you live so far away bla bla and said I do make a killer cup of tea. She then messages me back saying 'pretty far but for a killer cuppa think its a tiny journey lol x'

Now I need a good clever reply because my chat is cringe. Ta

Uncle Jack 4th June 2011 13:49

none SA answer > no need to bring sugar cos im sweet enough.

SA answer > no need to bring a spoon cos im a spoon.

:/

Johnni 4th June 2011 13:55

Ask her is she likes PG Tips or Typoo?
I'm crap at this.

I know she lives far but if you really like her the messages between you two is open for you to talk about meeting up.

Pandapop 4th June 2011 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defiance (Post 1272097)
and wtf is it with girls and Vybz Kartel?

i've just come across another profile on there which says if you dont know who he is then dont contact me. that's the second one i've come across.

:dontknow:

Cos hes amazing!!!!!

GIMMIE DI BEYONCE WINE
PUSH YA BUMPA HIGH
:dancing_b