SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   Club 30-81 (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The 30+ what are you thinking right now thread (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=74574)

Cherub 25th April 2014 17:09

The 30+ what are you thinking right now thread

I'm old enough now for the club 30 - 81 section. :aagh::aagh::aagh:

Kevin Hodge 3rd May 2014 13:43

Re: The 30+ what are you thinking right now thread

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...psc4072262.jpg

goldenjuniper 6th May 2014 18:43

Thinking about exup valves

Silent Ninja 11th May 2014 21:02

I'm thinking, how the hell do I fix my life after messing up so badly up until now.

Silent Ninja 11th May 2014 21:04

I'm also thinking that it's a shame you can't get the Taylor Dane version of Original Sin (used in the film The Shadow) on CD.

[Martin] 15th May 2014 19:41

I'm thinking...why women in the audiences of sit-coms no longer whoop with laughter. Are modern sit-coms just not as funny or do women just generally whoop less?

gloriousbirds 17th May 2014 00:49

Dear god

gloriousbirds 17th May 2014 00:52

gloriousbirds 17th May 2014 11:33

Silent Ninja 17th June 2014 20:05

I'm thinking I should try to post more in the "Club 30-81" room.

ZooWeeMama 29th September 2014 01:13

I heard this line of a song "Do you like yourself when you're on your own..." which I like. The answer is Yes, I do like myself when I'm on my own, its just around other people that I don't. Also ages ago I worked with a couple people, who I got on so well with, that I did like myself around them. So rare to find that, I haven't found it since.
I'd be interested to know if others with SA like themselves on their own or not. Is the problem only around other/certain types of people?

andrex 1st October 2014 11:20

^

I like myself on my own when I have done a lot during the day, i.e working, housework, shopping, 'hobbies' gym, riding etc, seeing the few friends that I have. I have the day off and I have done nothing yet apart from watch catch-up TV. So, until I do something(s) I won't like myself.

Yes, certain people trigger SA in me; I can't think of a type, maybe when I like myself more I can try and think of specifics!

Coffee 7th October 2014 10:42

^yah I find being productive makes me like myself too.

Cowman 14th October 2014 14:27

I'm thinking that I wish there was a way to find other single 30+ members to write to, who are also either fed up or scared of dating sites and what's expected of you by most people on them.

Also, when I'm 82, will I be chucked out of these forums? (a long way to go yet!).

timmyb 14th October 2014 15:08

I've just realized that there's only 5 months of GMT and 7 months of BST. I'd always assumed it was 6 of each.

umm 14th October 2014 16:00

I'm thinking I ought to do some work. Then I'm thinking what a dreadful idea that is.

CyprusPluto 15th October 2014 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowman (Post 1932250)
Also, when I'm 82, will I be chucked out of these forums? (a long way to go yet!).

Doubt it, you'll be here until the cows come home :d

Cowman 16th October 2014 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyprusPluto (Post 1933277)
Doubt it, you'll be here until the cows come home :d

Hey I used that joke on Facebook yesterday too! Copy cat. :dancing_b

Mo34 24th January 2015 14:00

^
I love your current avatar too. I was going to comment on it yesterday as it happens, but seemed like a daft thing to do, lol.

I've been thinking about a new one for myself but isolation/depression is leaving me brain dead at present and I can't think of what theme I would actually like.

Silent Ninja 24th January 2015 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by multiple miggs (Post 1971692)
why you oldies not wanna be on our thread then, eh....eh?:tongue1:

We are, but we also have this special place just for us :d

chicopada 27th January 2015 10:17

Im thinking at least when i worked full time it got me out of the house first thing and my day was more productive. Meditate first, see if i can draw from the infinite source for some motivation and enlightenment :cheerlead:

ithinkiamlost 27th January 2015 14:15

I'm thinking, why can't I stop crying.

mossieman 28th January 2015 01:59

I wish I could connect with people better, 5yrs and 4253 post on here yet I have made no close contacts, hardly every get into the banter like I see others on here do. I must be either really rubbish at communicating with others or really really boring but most probably both :(:headshake

pabz 28th January 2015 21:36

I'm thinking Is Hugh Hefner happy?

SgtLeper 9th February 2015 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by mossieman (Post 1972757)
I wish I could connect with people better, 5yrs and 4253 post on here yet I have made no close contacts, hardly every get into the banter like I see others on here do. I must be either really rubbish at communicating with others or really really boring but most probably both :(:headshake

I've felt like that on other forums I've been on. I'm sure you're not boring at all. Don't read too much into it. Even though this is an SA forum there will still those that are a little more at ease chatting with others I suppose.

Kam 11th February 2015 21:31

when you find a thread like this that's age related and be thankful that maybe theres people on your wavelength

chicopada 13th February 2015 21:22

No way guys im most invisibilist. Btw I enjoy reading both your posts, just cos u may not get a response doesnt mean ur not appreciated :)

ithinkiamlost 13th February 2015 21:45

@MissRibble
Hello there. You're not invisible. I wish i was, then I could leave the house when I wanted to and not have to deal with people. Knowing me though, within a few days I would be upset no one was talking to me. I'm a confusing person.

chicopada 14th February 2015 08:46

Quote:

I hope both of you are preparing for the SAUK 50 shades of grey party. I hear it's going to be messy and you will be tied up for awhile
ha, if im bound and gagged at least i wont be expected to speak:thumbpur:

I was bought a snood neck scarf thing for xmas, i can cover my whole face when combined with a flappy ear hat. No good in the warmer weather though, wraparound shades are a good substitute:cool:

ithinkiamlost 14th February 2015 09:21

@MissRibble
In the winter I used to wrap a scarf around my face and wear a beanie hat. All you could see were my eyes. But just like chicopada says you can't do that in the warmer weather.

I like the way you say you don't want to go out but you will find the courage to do so. I hope it goes well for you.