SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How long does it take you to get up? (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=94904)

Ronnie_Pickering 6th December 2022 12:44

How long does it take you to get up?

This autumn/winter seems to have made me take longer to get up. Just curious by other people. And a bonus what motivates you to get up? work, breakfast, TV, partner, pet.

Disclaimer: All data will be protected and not given to any affiliate companies.

Dougella 6th December 2022 12:46

Re: How long does it take you to get up?

Do you mean just get up out of bed? Or actually get ready for the day?

Ronnie_Pickering 6th December 2022 12:46

Actually get up out of bed. You replied before I could post my 'joke'.

Dougella 6th December 2022 12:50

Sorry, please carry on!

Jam do Bronx 6th December 2022 12:57

Literally the very second my alarm goes off or when my kids wake me up, I'm straight out of bed. I could quite easily stay in bed for 10 minutes longer or more, but I don't want to be that person, or at least I don't want to go back to being that person again. Yes, I listen to David Goggins too much, so what.

Ronnie_Pickering 6th December 2022 12:58

who the heck is david goggins. Google Goggins time.

Ronnie_Pickering 6th December 2022 13:03

Aha

“Be more than motivated, be more than driven, become literally obsessed to the point where people think you're ****ing nuts.- David Goggins.

I feel motivated.
I'm going to do it.... I'm going to put the bins out to the point that people think I'm ****ing nuts.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quo....David_Goggins

Mr. Nobody 6th December 2022 13:10

10 minutes to fully awaken from the horrific world of my slumbering mind and get out of bed,
this is purely for work,..
if it wasn't for work, I'd probably be lying there for at least two hours,
most of that two hours would be spent trying to fathom how my mind has become so broken.
but during the working week I just need to shrug and get on with it.

takes me about 40 minutes to get breakfast sorted and shower/shit/shave and whatnot.

Jen. 6th December 2022 13:13

Immediately I suppose, if the alarm has woken me, or within a minute or two if I've woken up before the alarm. I just can't comprehend how people can enjoy/tolerate doing that snooze alarm routine, it seems insane.

genovese 6th December 2022 13:16

Lately I've stopped hitting the snooze button and instead get up on the alarm and do Wordle, Waffle & Heardle in what was that snooze period.

On a side note, Heardle has taught me I know zero about music from 2015 onwards

Professor Willow 6th December 2022 13:20

I've never been great in the morning but under normal circumstances I would be up and about within 15 minutes of my alarm.
At present I am probably the lowest I have been for ten years and some days it takes me an hour or more to actually get out of bed and feel remotely functional.

anxiouslondoner 6th December 2022 14:24

Yeah, in order to be motivated to get up I need something a bit more than an inspirational quote with no actual reason behind it.
I have three alarms on my phone on a normal workday. I still am barely able to be at my home desk a second before I'm contractually required to be there. On weekends it's little more than the threat of bedsores that gets my feet onto carpet, and showering, clothing and feeding myself often takes a few hours longer.

Jam do Bronx 6th December 2022 15:13

Ha, the goggins thing was mainly said in jest. The reason/motivation for me to get out of bed straight away is because of the kids, got to get them ready and give them breakfast before school, then on top of that I've got to get ready for work, etc.

Ronnie_Pickering 6th December 2022 16:05

I need kids to motivate me in the morning. Wonder if I can borrow some.

Dougella 6th December 2022 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen. (Post 2560425)
Immediately I suppose, if the alarm has woken me, or within a minute or two if I've woken up before the alarm. I just can't comprehend how people can enjoy/tolerate doing that snooze alarm routine, it seems insane.

If I've woken up atleast a few minutes before the alarm goes off I can get up then. But if the alarm has woken me up I need a few minutes to establish who I am and where I am, what day it is and what I'm meant to be doing lol. I can't just get straight up, I'd probably injure myself :laughing:

biscuits 6th December 2022 18:42

Immediately if I’ve set an alarm, which is Mon-Fri. I set it for when I need to get up, so there’s no staying in bed for longer.

anxiouslondoner 6th December 2022 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by affluenza (Post 2560436)
I need kids to motivate me in the morning. Wonder if I can borrow some.

Careful what you wish for!

Jam do Bronx 6th December 2022 19:36

I've just this minute went on to spotify to see who is on the latest episode of the Joe Rogan podcast uploaded this evening. Can you f**king believe it....

Ronnie_Pickering 7th December 2022 11:46

I liked some of the Goggins quotes, though on Twitter is a bit one-dimensional.