SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   The Garage (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Requests for moderators' attention (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=76605)

Indigo_ 19th August 2015 22:42

Re: Requests for moderators' attention

PM en route (assuming you haven't already had one) :)

Indigo_ 22nd August 2015 18:29

On the way :smile2:

Azi 24th August 2015 13:56

PM sent. :smile2:

Ajax Amsterdam 26th August 2015 01:46

Would a kind mod please delete a thread I posted in the SA Room, called The Normality of Negative Thinking.

Thanks in advance. ;)

Azi 26th August 2015 21:19

PM en route.

Indigo_ 27th August 2015 20:51

^ PM on the way.

Indigo_ 27th August 2015 21:13

^ On the way :)

Indigo_ 28th August 2015 21:07

^ PM on the way.

Azi 30th August 2015 23:14

It's intended for those over 30 but we don't mind under 30s posting there if they feel the need to, so long as they don't take over.

Z. 30th August 2015 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle* (Post 2089537)
I have a question :)

is the club "30+" sub forum supposed to just be for those age groups? i wasn't sure if i was "welcome"/"allowed" to post in there, but i notice some under 30's do. so whats the score?

I like to post in there now and then. It's always a bonus knowing that some people are annoyed by it.

Go for it if you want to post in it. The section is dumb anyway.

Azi 30th August 2015 23:21

We do have quite a young demographic on the site, and some older SAUKers felt they didn't belong here/excluded, hence its creation.

Azi 30th August 2015 23:23

^^ Which is why we take a relaxed attitude to people posting in there under-30. We try to cater for all kinds of different SA sufferers.

Z. 30th August 2015 23:24

If one reaches the age of 82, is that member looked down upon when posting in that section?

The threads aren't even aimed towards any age group. It's just another way to divide people up into arbitrary categories.

I shall leave this thread now.

Azi 30th August 2015 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle* (Post 2089556)
i get that :) - it might make some anxious about the prospects of fitting in.

shame is, everybody for some reason or another probably feels anxious about fitting in don't they?

Yes, nature of SA. But we had sufficient numbers of older folks who wanted the subsection to warrant it.

Azi 30th August 2015 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z. (Post 2089559)
If one reaches the age of 82, is that member looked down upon when posting in that section?

:laughing: No, of course not. We're shuffled off to Dignitas, obviously! It was just a fairly weak play on the club 18-30 thing, and not meant to be entirely literal.

flumpsy 30th August 2015 23:31

Z., I think it is not for the forum sake, it is for its members. Some people want to post in order to get advice from members who they feel have had similar life experiences. I also mainly post there if my post may not be suitable for younger members, they are still welcome to read or post in it but on the understanding I have not had younger members in mid when I posted it.

Azi 30th August 2015 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle* (Post 2089566)
its alright, i don't have a problem with the forum Azi :hug2:

:d Good to know, but it's okay to be critical/negative about the site. I just wanted to clarify what the thinking was behind it as it didn't seem clear.

And thank you, flumpsy -- that's what I was trying to get across!

flumpsy 30th August 2015 23:41

oh good god, I must be starting to makes sense. I better get out on the forum and use my new powers for good !!!

Azi 30th August 2015 23:45

:laughing:

flumpsy 30th August 2015 23:54

The worries of a teenager, 20 something, 30 something and 40 something are all slightly different.

The specific age itself is arbitrary and generally I enjoy the mix but sometime you may want to hear from people who have mortgages, have had divorces, piles, rehab all the things reserved (not exclusively) as a bonus as you age.

And for those posters it may make them more relaxed and less anxious :)