SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   Club 30-81 (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Aims for 2018 (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=89911)

newbs16 7th October 2018 21:15

Aims for 2018

Is there anything you would like to do by the end of this year.

Schmosby 7th October 2018 22:11

Re: Aims for 2018

^^Wow very impressive.

My aim is to stop working, catch up on sleep and enjoy some gaming action.

gregarious_introvert 7th October 2018 22:23

I'm in a similar position to HH, in that I have lived in my bungalow for almost two years and haven't found space to store some of my stuff, nor begun to decorate; my partner and I have been discussing decoration, but formalised nothing, so it would be good to make a start on that.

I also need to start living a healthier lifestyle; this year, I've probably been away from home more than I've been here, with various trips abroad, music festivals, weekends away and other events, so the exercise "regime" has slipped, home-cooked meals have become rarer and I can't remember the last time I went on a proper ramble. Even though the diary is pretty full for the rest of the year, I would like to find more time for walking, at least try to exercise more and cook whenever I can.

limey123 8th October 2018 09:26

Join a pool league
Hopefully find a new job
Get down to 80 kg again

newbs16 8th October 2018 20:57

I would like to

1) Join a gym
2) Go to the cinema for the first time in years
3) Try not to worry so much about what other people think of me.

blancmange 8th October 2018 21:45

Some great aims everyone, this thread is so positive.

I’d like to work on
1) practising phone calls
2) go to the cinema often
3) start an online course
4) attend a meet up
5) attend a mind group
6) join a gym

So much, probably too much :laughing:

Toxic 9th October 2018 19:16

Does going to a physio to try and fix my bollocked shoulder (which has caused me grief since March) count? The whole thing is an "experience", the phone call, the going somewhere new, the awkward 1 to 1 ...time, everything I despise in one small neat package

I'd also like to attempt to swim, lose another 5kg, drive somewhere out of town for the first time ever and probably some other stuff but I'm not entirely convinced I'll get any of the above done..I'll blink and it will be bloody February again :headshake

humphrey 11th October 2018 19:05

get a life

I Love My Cats 11th October 2018 20:55

Great thread newbs :thumbpur:

I'm doing a course at the moment, which is split into 2 modules. Module 1 needs to be complete by xmas and I have to pass it when it's graded on 4th January, so hoping to have my 10 logs, 3 assignments, 1 presentation and 1 observation all finished by then. It's a lot of work ahead. Right now, I only have 3 logs done out of all I have to do, so need to get my finger out.

I also want to get better at saying 'no' to work colleagues as it's the only way I'll get through the course demands

choirgirl 11th October 2018 23:05

Ugh, there is so much I *should* be doing. The most important thing is to decide where the heck I'm going to be living in 2019. Every move is a giant risk, which is why I haven't done anything. I have become more and more risk averse.

Franz of Franzylvania 15th October 2018 13:22

Nothing major, but:

- I'd like to start cooking a bit. Nothing elaborate, just chop-things-up-put-them-in-a-pan, difficult to **** up stuff.

- go to another course at the buddhist centre, even though they seem to be set up specifically to torture any SA person stupid enough to attend

- save towards moving next year

- finish knitting the world's ugliest blanket

Copernicium 15th October 2018 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 2406614)
Go to a veggie meetup (but I'm worried that I'm not vegetarian enough)

That made me chuckle. I imagine you sneaking a bacon sandwich into the meet to munch on when you have a loo break.