SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   Other Issues and Conditions (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Transferring from one mental health trust to another (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=87974)

firemonkey 13th October 2017 13:28

Transferring from one mental health trust to another

****ing balls up trying to switch care from one mental health service to another. Letter from the primary care liaison service saying they have been trying to contact me by phone and text. No ****ing text messages . I have been in 95% of the time or more so unless they always phoned the 5%of the time or less I was out-that is total bullshit.

As it is I’ll have to go for a triage assessment never mind there should be copious notes from the trust in Essex indicating I have chronic and enduring mental health problems.

Why is it so effing difficult to transfer? It’s not as though people don’t move from from one trust area to another. There should be adequate procedures to ensure a smooth transition of care.

Of course it would have helped if my nurse practitioner in Essex had got in touch with the new trust I am now under to facilitate the smooth transition of care . Given that people moving is not a totally unusual thing procedures should have kicked in, and all should have been in place in line with my moving.

firemonkey 13th October 2017 13:44

Re: Transferring from one mental health trust to another

@GlasgowFilmTheatreFan Thanks for your reply. What's so annoying is that my stepdaughter ,who orchestrated my move, was diligent in phoning to explain that I'd be moving.

firemonkey 13th October 2017 18:52

Stepdaughter phoned them. Apparently it was a standard letter as they'd heard from the GP.
They had already heard from the NP in Essex.

Mole58 15th October 2017 07:50

When I moved to a new place a few years ago, distance of about thirty miles, my medical notes were 'lost'. I was only told this at a psychiatric appointment one day with my doctor, after seeing this person for about three years. It took me one phone call to be told where my medical records were. Care in the community? The psychiatrist was treating me blind, and thought I was a more serious case than I actually am, but don't think was bothered one way or the other. My seeing psychiatrists over the years has, to my mind, been largely about my helping to provide them with a nice comfortable living, thank you very much.

firemonkey 15th October 2017 09:44

With comments like "awkward,demanding and troublesome" and " his illness is Machiavellian in its complexity" in my notes, albeit from over a decade ago, I've not expected much help and support.

The thing is with a combination of mental health problems and possible autism(higher than average traits)/probable non-verbal learning disorder, neither of which have ever been acknowledged, I'm not exactly a straightforward,vanilla flavoured, case.

They could have found this out years ago, but preferred to character assassinate rather than do their jobs properly.