SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What is your middle name? (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=8068)

Winnie57 27th June 2006 15:33

What is your middle name?

Some people who don't want to reveal their first name might not mind sharing their middle names and might be able to tell a story behind their middle names as middle names are often given after a relative or for other quirkier reasons.
My middle name is actually my first name on my birth certificate and is

Carol

for the simple reason that I was born near Christmas.
My parents thought it sounded better this way round but never intended calling me by this name, so I have always been known by my official middle name.

Does anyone else want to share their middle names and any stories behind them?
Sometimes middle names can be quite unusual.

Amber Fyre 27th June 2006 15:37

Re: What is your middle name?

I've never really liked my middle name, thought it sounded too posh. But not sure if it does anymore! Anyway, my mother decided to give me the middle name Charlotte after Charlotte Brontë. So yeah, that's my middle name! It goes quite well with my real first name (although not with the name Amber!).

Wheelie Bin Bird 27th June 2006 15:38

hi winnie:wave:
my middle name is...........
JEANIEBecause I was born on my nans birthday, so they gave me her first name:D

kate

Winnie57 27th June 2006 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by amberfirez
I've never really liked my middle name, thought it sounded too posh. But not sure if it does anymore! Anyway, my mother decided to give me the middle name Charlotte after Charlotte Brontë. So yeah, that's my middle name! It goes quite well with my real first name (although not with the name Amber!).

Your mother must have been a fan of the Bronte sisters! Jane Eyre is a lovely book.
If you're ever up in Yorkshire you should visit the Bronte Parsonage Museum which is in Haworth on the edge of the moors which inspired their writing most notably Wuthering Heights by Emily. If you enjoy the Brontes' books it is well worth a visit.

http://www.ashleyhousehotel.com/imag...0Parsonage.jpg

Wheelie Bin Bird 27th June 2006 15:59

stupid question, but can i add my daughters middle nams, i love them and think they are really nice??

kate

IRIS 27th June 2006 16:00

My middle name is Ann, after my 'nin' I am told this is liverpudlian speak for grandma :/ i never met her.

black_mamba 27th June 2006 16:10

Mine sounds so foreign I can't even write it, but it sounds like a common kitchen utensil. Sexy! :)

ShyDoll 27th June 2006 16:12

Mine is Elizabeth. Both my parents' middle names are royal names so they carried on the trend with me ..*sigh*

IRIS 27th June 2006 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by black_mamba
Mine sounds so foreign I can't even write it, but it sounds like a common kitchen utensil. Sexy! :)

spatula? that sounds nice

Winnie57 27th June 2006 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate
stupid question, but can i add my daughters middle nams, i love them and think they are really nice??

kate

Of course you can! :)

black_mamba 27th June 2006 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRIS
spatula? that sounds nice

:laughing: It's not that, but I'm liking Spatula quite a lot. :thumbpur:

english-ice 27th June 2006 16:22

john. I don't know the history behind it.

Peyre 27th June 2006 16:27

David, just another Christian name.

Wheelie Bin Bird 27th June 2006 16:35

my oldest daughters middle name is ISLAY and her little sisters middle name is REENIE

:thumbpur:
Islay because thats the western isle my mum was brought up on, and Reenie because her great grandmother nearly died 2 days after she was born.

kate:D :thumbpur:

luckie 27th June 2006 16:59

mine is Dawn
i dont think theres any story to it

Winnie57 27th June 2006 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by black_mamba
:laughing: It's not that, but I'm liking Spatula quite a lot. :thumbpur:

You've got us guessing now black_mamba

erm... Colander?

Winnie57 27th June 2006 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate
my oldest daughters middle name is ISLAY and her little sisters middle name is REENIE

:thumbpur:
Islay because thats the western isle my mum was brought up on, and Reenie because her great grandmother nearly died 2 days after she was born.

kate:D :thumbpur:

They are both lovely names - very sad about the story behind Reenie's name though :(

black_mamba 27th June 2006 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnie57
You've got us guessing now black_mamba

erm... Colander?

Wow, sounds like quite a poetic name. :thumbpur: Black Colander Spatula Mamba.

It sounds a bit like knife actually, but has a weird pronounciation which I can never reproduce. So basically, my middle name is knife. *snigger*

mattty 27th June 2006 17:32

David, after my Dad. It would have been cool to have an interesting middle name but Dave it is.

Akhamar 27th June 2006 17:40

Richard.

On my dad's side of the family all the first boy born was called Richard (by some tradition) plus middle and surname.

My mom didn't want to do that so as a result I have it as one of two middle names lol.

Orchid 27th June 2006 18:18

Willow

I had to change my surname by deed poll (family issues), so I decided to award myself a middle name at the same time. I checked with my Mum first and she was fine with it (she actually apologised for never giving me a middle name!) and she sometimes addresses cards to me with my first name and middle name on, which makes me feel nice... :)

No real reason for why I chose it, I just liked it and it's a little out of the ordinary. :smile2:

faith 27th June 2006 18:59

I dont have a middle name apparantly my dad said there is no need for a middle name, when you tell people you dont have a middle name they assume its something really embarrassing so you dont want to say but I really dont have one!

TimB72 27th June 2006 19:03

No middle name, pfft, my parents obviously couldn't be bothered with me - though my brothers have, so I felt cheated when growing up :screams: I'm content to be middlenameless, just not important in the great scheme of things.

Freespirit 27th June 2006 23:59

my middle name is george after my grandad.

i got a lot of goergie porgies when i was young...might be why im scared to kiss girls..im scared ill make em cry.

QuietGirl 28th June 2006 00:07

I have two middle names:

Elizabeth - because my parents liked it and it makes a good middle name

and..

Benz - my mom's maiden name :)

Karail 28th June 2006 00:10

My middle name is "Alexander" because it was the name my parents were going to chose if they did not choose "Phillip".

CatchMeIfYouCan 28th June 2006 01:09

Emma. I don't like it much :smash:

ShyDoll 28th June 2006 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orchid
Willow

I had to change my surname by deed poll (family issues), so I decided to award myself a middle name at the same time. I checked with my Mum first and she was fine with it (she actually apologised for never giving me a middle name!) and she sometimes addresses cards to me with my first name and middle name on, which makes me feel nice... :)

No real reason for why I chose it, I just liked it and it's a little out of the ordinary. :smile2:

Aww that's lovely =) I like Willow. I wish I could have chosen my own name =(. Would have prevented me from getting so much stick at school.
I would say I'd let my kid choose her own name (when I have one in the future) but if I ask her/him when they're like 3 chances are they'll wanna be called dipsy, tinky winky or po :laughing: Soo prob not a good idea..Oh well

Peasie 28th June 2006 01:18

My middle names are Gullible Twat.

Diluted 28th June 2006 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peasie
My middle names are Gullible Twat.

That's a coincidence... :tongue1: