SAUK Discussion Board

SAUK Discussion Board (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/index.php)
-   Other Issues and Conditions (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Borderline Personality Disorder (http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=81555)

Merritt 20th July 2017 17:40

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder

Hello. I too never mentally developed past the age of 13.

Merritt 20th July 2017 18:07

That sounds like I'm being shitty to you two. I meant, I feel like an overgrown child too.

I should be seen and not heard.

Clementine 20th July 2017 20:03

^ It does not! :hug2:

Merritt 20th July 2017 23:21

^ Ah, phew :hug2:

I always think of the worst possible way things I say could come across to people, and assume they do.

A Whimsical Stranger 20th July 2017 23:28

^ Me too. Although I am naturally blunt anyway so my worries aren't completely unfounded.

A Whimsical Stranger 21st July 2017 14:14

Can somebody slap me in the face please?

Consolida 21st July 2017 15:54

@ Lettie - I would never slap anyone in the face especially not a face as pretty as yours :hug2:

Athough I have a 14 year old, I've never felt any older emotionally than when I was 14 myself. Sometimes I think I'm a middle aged woman trapped in a teenagers body while my son is a man in the body of a teenager :laughing:

Rianne 22nd July 2017 15:26

^ but it is normal for some of us! And I guess if we felt that people understood that then we wouldn't seek the reassurance so much. If that makes sense? I'm having a weird day today where nothing is making much sense. I've wasted the whole day and now I'm annoyed with myself.

Mental Elf 24th July 2017 11:03

I've learnt to stay away from everyone now a days, its the only way other people can be safe from the shit I give them, sure it also hurts me but this isn't about me I can't have people in my life that I hurt over and over just for the sake of my stupid illness it's not fair on them, this is one time where my bpd isn't being selfish and thinking about other people for once. Its going to be a lonely old world but I am ready for the ride.

Merritt 25th July 2017 19:31

^ Tried to PM you, but can't. Bit paranoid I did or said something to make you feel that way. I really hope not, but I'm sorry if I did. Let me know? My brain has a field day when I've reason to feel guilty :embarrass:

Azalea 25th July 2017 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clementine (Post 2321106)

I don't choose to be this way and I hate that I am. It leads to more self loathing which just makes me even more desperate for recognition and reassurance. It really ****ing hurts :(

I was trying to explain to someone yesterday about the emotional dysregulation and that I can't stop it happening, by the end of the evening I just felt like it was all my fault and I'm expected to control it but it's not that easy.

Rianne 28th July 2017 17:47

^:hug2:

A Whimsical Stranger 9th September 2017 17:14

I literally never learn.

wd40mk17.4 19th September 2017 00:39

There was a song I heard in the late 90s/early 2000s by a semi-obscure nu-metal-hippy band called Boyhitscar that did a song called " man Without Skin" that seemed to be about BPD.
Well at least, having no skin is how I feel with it.

"You're like a man without skin.
Everything he touches seems to hurt him ."

Azalea 19th September 2017 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by wd40mk17.4 (Post 2334126)
There was a song I heard in the late 90s/early 2000s by a semi-obscure nu-metal-hippy band called Boyhitscar that did a song called " man Without Skin" that seemed to be about BPD.
Well at least, having no skin is how I feel with it.

"You're like a man without skin.
Everything he touches seems to hurt him ."

Yes that's the way I feel too

wd40mk17.4 28th September 2017 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boy (Post 2334350)
Guys, is BPD same or similar to Bipolar disorder?

Similar in some symptoms.

BPD people can have manic-ish episodes. Acting out ( externalising) and then sometimes it can internalise and seem like depressive phases.

BPD is highly variable in how it effects people - some may be diagnosed bipolar at other times.

I don't really have manic phases anymore, it's all internalised, self-hatred, pushing people away, isolation etc , self-destructive behaviours.

I keep fantasising about being hit by a car or being stabbed by a mugger or something, then I might have a rest, a pause, in hospital, a break from life.
And then that BPD voice in your head goes
" also it'll test to see if anyone really cares about you"
when in reality nobody would even know cos I've pushed them all away :screams:

wd40mk17.4 30th September 2017 03:01

Clementine 1st October 2017 07:09

I'm feeling desperately alone and craving affection, but at the same time I can't cope with anything or anybody else because everything becomes drama in my world, nothing is simple and everything becomes intense and destructive. I don't deserve anything good so my instinct is to kill it before it can give me any false hope of happiness.

I'm so sick of feeling like I need to spend my life tucked away and hiding from the whole world.

Clementine 2nd October 2017 10:31

^ I’m borderline, I don’t know a lot about Bipolar Disorder but there seems to be a good bit of info on this site: www.bphope.com Hope that’s of some help to you.

Clementine 2nd October 2017 10:40

I’m so sick of the intensity, every negative emotion feels as if it might literally kill me. Other people seem to be able to feel sad and still function, I feel sadness like an actual knife in my chest and I can’t move without feeling like screaming, it’s an agony that I never know how to describe to anyone or cope with and I have to fight to not physically hurt myself instead in some ****ed up attempt at justifying the pain or something.