Thread: Medication
View Single Post
Old 13th September 2012, 13:04

Default Re: Medication

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoteToSelf
Thanks so much for that info. I'm really scared about taking medication.
You're not alone, the thought of just being on medication make me feel slightly queasy and I hoped I'd never get to this point but right now I can't help but feel medication might be a good idea as I really think my anxiety is getting worse and my social life has badly declined (I can't even bring myself to text my friends at home now, let alone go on nights out with them) and I wonder what chances I have of doing anything in the future, there's so many things I want to do like travel, join clubs, volunteering, maybe a masters degree, find a partner that I'm just too scared to try and achieve/do and I fear life is only going to get worse in the next few years if I don't do anything about it.

I've been meaning to go to the doctors all summer but I just can't bring myself to, I've no idea what I'd say to the doctor to get him to recognise my problem and I'm not keen on talking to him at all as whenever I've been to him in the past I've found him patronising and very impatient, hardly the sympathetic person I want to be talking/opening up to.