View Single Post
Old 7th October 2011, 12:24

Mood
Tired

Default Re: have you seen improvement over the years

yes,.. I've seen a lot of big improvements in myself over the years as regards SA,. but I also think I've a long way to go too.

I hate the fact though that I can't seem to pin~down exactly how and say "this" worked or "that event" changed me or whatever,..so I could concentrate on that "thing"

I do know that being pushed into something and having no alternative helped me.
my current job forced me to be on the phone a lot and to deal with people face to face constantly every single day,.
it was really hard to begin with but I slowly managed to slip into the full role over a period of time,...
it's still not ideally what I'd like to do every day, but it has helped my SA no doubt,.
dating was another big help for me
getting out every day for a walk is good for me too ( I live in the countryside,.. which helps provide an incentive for walking )
being honest and saying what's on your mind helps too, ( I used to censor myself almost entirely )

I've also recently decided to have a "zero tolerance" approach to my own laziness, procrastination and constant invention of excuses for my behaviours,. which, so far,.. is working well,.. I think it's about not having a personal attitude towards myself, not babying myself and pitying myself and always allowing myself off the hook,..
now I'm just seeing what I do in a kind of impersonal light and just using what intelligence I have to assess my life and my ways of going about things,..
I seem to be good at seeing other people's faults, so I'm trying to apply that vision to my own life now ( makes sense )