View Single Post
Old 8th November 2015, 21:54

Default Re: The Suicide Thread - Trigger Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloSunshine
That's an incredibly unhelpful and insensitive response MrsJones Anyone (particularly a mental health professional) who tells someone to "get over" anything related to mental health shouldn't be in the job in the first place.

I've been wondering if I'm in the beginning stages of depression. Would I know for definite one way or the other? Is it typical for someone to get depression three months after the death of a loved one? Maybe it is. I feel rather flat and emotionless and my typical response to most things these days is "I don't care." I'm still getting up and going to work and dragging myself through each and every day, but mostly, I just don't give a s***.

I recognise that I'm suicidal, and I have been for a short while now. I had fight, and I had determination to push through this and keep going, and for some reason, that's all just left me.

I've been meaning to post in here for a while but I've been putting it off I guess.
I'm sorry to hear this also Sunshine. It certainly is natural to have a delayed reaction to losing a loved one. Any sort of bereavement can take time to surface. I'm sorry I can not offer any better advice, but things can change in a good way and can do so quickly. Just take it slow and be gentle on yourself. Think of what you enjoy doing and make time to do those things. Try not to spend too much time ruminating on sad thoughts/feelings and distract the mind. Anyways, you are not alone.