View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:40

Mood
Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark101
Worse for me,always been painfully shy and just awful in social situations but i did get a job and keep at it for 17yrs.
Hit 30 and split up with my gf and the last ten years have been a gradual decline,4yrs ago i was told i'd have to go out alone and get my own work in construction since the guy i'd always worked with couldn't keep me with him due to Self employment tax laws changing.

When he dropped that on me i knew my only option was to quit,i was scared shatless at the prospect of walking onto building sites alone and ringing around trying to get work.
I told everybody on site that i was sick of the building trade and i'd be getting a local job,the deadline came in May 4yrs ago and i bought a bag of weed and spent a couple of weeks stoned all day and sunbathing.

After the job was gone the intense isolation began and i realised i had nothing left in life,no purpose.
Started drinking too much and wound up trying to top myself but anyways my mental health is probably worse now than ever.
Feel embarrassed or ashamed to be 40,never married or had kids and it wont be too long before my sisters kids start settling down and i'm just gonna be this weird loner uncle