Thread: so alone
View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2012, 08:47

Mood
Asleep

Default Re: so alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutalness
to all the people that say go for a walk it will help i know u guys are just trying to help and i am thankfull for that but being outside really make my Anxiety lvls go through the roof i find it way to hard to go out by myself
I understand that B, agoraphobia is one of my issues that I have to keep in check. I've had to work hard to get through those phases. One of the people who I depended on at those times was my mother who is no longer here.

My point is that people won't always be there to help you. You have to accept that sooner or later you will need to be able to do this alone if you are to live a life outside the four walls.

My advice to you is that no matter how bad you feel, even if your anxiety levels are a 9/10, put your coat on and walk outside, even if it's to the end of the street and back. Yes, you will feel anxious. Yes, the feelings will threaten to overwhelm you BUT you will benefit from it. FACT. When you close the door again, you will feel a sense of accomplishment that you were able to get that far and next time you will be able to go a little further until you can go where you like. It's a slow process but it's achievable. Telling yourself that you feel too bad or you need someone with you in order to do it will keep you where you are.

Self pity is fine as long as it's transitory and leads to determination to change your circumstance. Prolonged self pity serves ONLY to keep you where you are. A lot of people feel sorry for themselves on here. It's a feeling that I know well. But when you understand that there are people in the world who have the same life experiences but respond differently, you know that we choose our path.

I know that when I was at my worst, people said these things to me and I felt that they 'didn't understand my situation'. There were a lot of 'yes, but'...in my responses. They irritated me. They didn't have a bloody clue.

But they did, because the people who were saying these things to me were the ones who had come through it themselves.

Instead of saying, thanks guys but you don't understand. Why don't you try it?

You could surprise yourself by posting back on here that you made it to the end of the street and we will go wild for yer with the congratulations.