View Single Post
Old 16th June 2023, 17:16

Default Re: Why Im glad I was a child in the 70s/80s

I forgot about that green custard! Minty custard! And I remember that brownish cake was very difficult to bite into. Although it probably helped to build character I suppose. I don't remember the milk part. Possibly, maybe?

I also remember one of my friends at school was boasting about the time he got to sit in the Knight Rider car. I remember feeling jealous about that. Although looking back, he might have lied about it.

And this part belongs in another thread, where I got to see Darth Vader! Although I didn't know it was Darth Vader at the time. It was when David Prowse was doing his green cross code gig. It's just a shame that James Earl Jones couldn't do the same gig with him.

I also have one last memorable memory at primary school. It was the time we got to hold a snake in assembly. Looking back, it must have been 50ft! Well, give or take. Where 2 people lowered this snake onto our laps. Now I might be overly sensitive about this, but it just seemed a bit too much back then. Could they have been 100% sure that the snake wasn't going to snap! I can only imagine what else was going on in other school assemblies:

Well kids, today we've got a special guest! Let's give a very loud hello to Ernie The Lion!!!!

ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know, I'm probably being too sensitive. Especially about that minty custard!