View Single Post
Old 4th December 2006, 13:08

Default Re: Any tips for overcoming SA?

I am not 100% over my SA but i am 100% improving.

This is whats working for me...

Exercise daily(at least 3-5x/wk)

Eat healthy

Take omega 3 fish oils and a good multi b vitamin complex

Set standards for yourself and stick to them. (i.e. for those struggling with personal hygeine as i read in another post....make a point to shower everyday regardless of your plans there is a point your body deserves to be cleaned and smelling fresh even if it's only for the four walls of your house.)

Take care of your self, your appearance and your mind. Develop a positive mental attitude by working through books like the gillian butler one and anthony robbins awaken the giant/susan jeffers feel the fear. Seek professional help with this if neccessary through councelling, nlp/cbt or doctors if you feel the need...

Keep a diary, express how you're feeling and look at your thoughts objectively. Use to assess your day and see how you can improve tommorow. Take life one day at a time.

Most importantly make a commitment to yourself that you will do whatever it takes to get better and be willing to put yourself out there and take risks everyday. This is the most important and effective tip of all. You have to just feel the fear and do it regardless. That is the only way, there are no magic pills to solve this. They may work temporarily but im assuring you THE ONLY WAY TO GET OVER YOUR FEAR IS TO JUST DO IT. IF THE ONLY STEP YOU TAKE IS TO FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY THAT ALONE OVER TIME WILL CURE YOU. FACT. (not saying you'll become mr/miss popularity but you will be able to have a normal life, make a few friends and enjoy company.)
That right there is as real as it gets.