View Single Post
Old 5th May 2014, 09:56

Mood
Mellow

Default Re: Howdy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Egg
Hi Everyone,

Finally decided to come on here and try and sort out my anxiety issues.

I'm 34 and a contract manager in the construction industry. Had a nervous breakdown of sorts a few years back after a very stressful time at work which eventually also sadly claimed my marriage. I am now a lot weaker in stressful situations and also suffer with social anxiety to the point that I sometimes cant speak even in a group of my closest friends and if I do then I start to stammer and mix my words. Even writing this first post has got me incredibly anxious but I'm forcing myself to write it nonetheless instead of normal where I will try finding reasons to avoid it....

I so want to get back to what I feel is the "old me", I was never wild or extrovert but I didnt hideaway from social situations as i do now. Finding this forum has already made me feel better to know I'm not weird and I'm not alone with the struggle.

Looking forward to sharing more on here and help get myself back on the path to leading a "normal" life again.

Neil
Hi Neil

I'm also in the the construction industry as a electrician.My sa goes up and down at work as I'm forced to work with new people all the time. I also struggle in inductions and safety talks I get so nervous and just wanna leave the room. Being in a male orientated industry I don't know if I should just man up but it's hard.