Thread: Guest [UnRegist
View Single Post
Old 5th April 2004, 13:44
Guest [UnRegist

Default Guest [UnRegist

Hello everyone

I wonder if anyone can help me. Where do I start. Well, at the end of last year my sister announced she was pregnant. I was pleased for her. I had never wanted children but after her announcement I started to think about them and think I might want a baby then I started to think about all the people I would have to meet if I had one and about birthday parties etc and I scared myself stupid. I am 35 years old, my husband is 46 so I don't have long to think about all of this. I don't know what to do. I am currently being treated for depression brought on by thinking about all of this. I always knew I was shy but my parents and then my husband have always sheltered me from having to talk to anyone when I found it hard. Because of this I have led a happy life but I realise now that I have no friends and no self-confidence in social situations. I've been married for ten years. I am so, so scared of having regrets when I'm older. Also, I feel like I will lose my Mum, Dad, other family and, eventually, my husband over the years and will be alone. I am scared.