View Single Post
Old 8th November 2010, 18:15

Default Re: Anyone looking forawrd to the slave labour that the government will be making us

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelFendersson
Being required to perform menial work full-time without getting paid for it would do none of these things. It would not boost my self-esteem to be given work to do that is not only menial and well beneath my capabilities, but apparently not even worth paying me to do. It would not give me confidence in my ability to work that would then empower me to find a job. It would be humiliating and reinforce the idea that I am not worth as much as other people. It would mean I have much less time available in which to look for work, and ensure that I am more tired ***8212; and thus less motivated ***8212; in the time that remains. It would leave me all the more trapped in my dependency than I am now.
Agreed, it sure would make me feel great being forced to crap that's not even worth them paying me for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshKat
I keep holding back from organising some voluntary work because... because it's easier sitting at home doing nothing rather than facing my anxiety and doing something about it. And now I'm stuck in a bit of a rut with zero confidence. Hopefully I'll be able to overcome myself and do it but, in a way, if I was pushed into doing it, I wouldn't mind it.

Though it would depend on what type of work it was. If it was something that would build my skills that would help me in the future - good. If it was just menial sh*t that made me feel like I was being punished for being on the dole then, obviously, that would be rather bad.
Yeah, it's a good idea push people into work, but 40 hours a week for lousy £50 dole money!? I'd be getting just over £1 an hour, which is totally disgusting. This is what bloody criminals should be doing, not the unemployed!