View Single Post
Old 12th February 2020, 11:12

Default Re: Is there any hope?

Hi,

Thank you to everyone who has replied and shared their story. I'm not sure how the replying thing works so hopefully I have done this right! It is honestly helpful just to know that I am not the only person. When I said i don't like people I meet I think it's mostly a lack of connection and just feeling that they don't understand me/I don't understand them rather than them being obnoxious. I think that is a good way to think about it though gregarious_introvert- to try and find people who fit in with me instead of the other way round. Your story does give me hope though - what was it that changed things for you? I have joined meetup but have not plucked up the courage to go to anything yet, has anyone had any success with meetup and been able to make friends? Tom1985 I totally understand the feeling of having wasted so many years and feeling ashamed of where I am in life, it's great that you are at uni though, i don't think I'd have the courage to be a student at this age so i think that's amazing- i really hope that things improve when you graduate.
Thanks