View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2021, 14:02
Banned at own request

Default Re: The 30+ how are you feeling thread

I wish I had this guys social skills
https://www.youtube.com/c/KurtCaz it's a good example of a person having random encounters with complete strangers.

in fact anyone who is that good at making connections, it seems to come naturally to a lot of people this sort of social skill. even a base level social skill. every youtuber I watch seems to be adept in a way that I am not, watching their interactions with other people unplanned spontaneous conversation, most people just know what to say when plonked into unfamiliar circumstances and I end up saying something stupid and offputting by comparison. it's cringeworthy how some conversations put me at odds with some people at my age.

I don't hate people because of that. it seems a petty thing to hate someone for all things considered. it's just annoying because I have tried very very hard in the past and I always done my best to try and not put people off. every time I think about my own interactions all I remember is the failures I am making in conversation to maintain it and have it go the way it needs to go so the other person is comfortable with carrying on the conversation. I cringe when I look back at some of my interactions, it's embarrassing especially as an adult.