View Single Post
Old 24th September 2010, 10:54

Default Re: quiet people ...I sometimes find them sort of annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by So long and thanks for all the fish
But surely as people with SA, we have to acknowledge that we can be...err, rather hard work to a more socially-outgoing person? Or even to another person with SA, as is the case here. It doesn't surprise me at all that people might find me annoying or uncomfortable to be around because of my quietness. Heaven knows, I even annoy myself.
I agree I would say there is potential for the situation to be more frustrating to someone who also finds it hard, because of being uncomfortable yourself and not having the gift of the gab. A lot of people on the forum also find very extrovert people annoying so it cuts both ways. (ooh the idioms are in full force today)

Talking of those group type situations reminds me of doing roleplay in groups and freezing, I ended up having an anxiety attack and escaping to the loos.

I remember that crap chat show someone posted about shy people deliberately getting other people to do the work I don't think that's true at all it really irritated me, but don't you think there are maybe some people that are a bit like that, that expect other people to put all the effort in, but if you didn't they would think something was wrong with you, not them? Some people do seem to have that almost 'I'm bored' mentality but they don't try to do anything about it, but somehow expect to be amused. I don't think it's quietness but a certain attitude that can be annoying. The people I've met from this forum I didn't feel had this attitude I'm talking about some seemed amazingly social creatures but the quieter and the more obviously anxious were still approachable I didn't get that vibe off anyone. (don't want to cause any paranoia as I'm definitely not talking about anyone I've met from here).