View Single Post
Old 18th January 2018, 12:36

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

@ Muggins – Thanks for that, I do appreciate it. This morning was just an example of how genuine effort made simply doesn't work for people like me – and it's incredibly difficult to get people, who don't have social struggles, to see that. To them, it's all our fault, told everything is our fault, we need to make effort (which ironically is ignored by them, or 'downgraded' at best) and another common one – we shouldn't feel so 'entitled' , which smacks very much of someone being obtuse. You're made out to be the 'bad guy' each time, every time…

I accept that I'm not going to make in-roads with this lot because of the stigmas they hold against me. However, outside of family they're the only people I know – so I'm a bit stuck, really.

A lot of days go by where I expect this ignorance from people. It's happened my entire adult life, but there are the odd days where it really does smack me in the face. On days like this I feel as though "Why should I even bother trying?!" . Say that out loud and then what I said in my first paragraph is merely repeated again! A continuous, lifelong, catch-22 situation!

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your depression. I know I've been 'teetering' on the edge of it again in recent months and I've probably sunk back into it. Fluoxetine has seen positive effects on me in the past (doesn't change my luck or the raft of criticism I face, but makes me care considerably less about it all). Of course though, everyone reacts differently to different medication. A side effect of extreme nausea? Crikey… I'm surprised they're allowed to prescribe something with effects like that.