View Single Post
Old 15th January 2016, 21:08

Mood
Dead

Default Re: University help for SA

Hi all you students I'm currently a third year student, and only just receiving support through my university. I got offered Cbt through the university in my second year however I found it little help.
As the thread says, you can get DSA, I have been told this takes about 14 weeks for the application process to go through. However, there is a second option that I am heading down as 14 weeks would be too long to wait in my situation as I need support faster and 14 weeks would take me near enough to the end of the year.

What I am applying for is a teaching and support learning agreement. This process takes only a few weeks. I just needed to get a letter from my doctor stating my condition and how it affects me, how long its likely to last etc. And then I will have a needs assessment which from that they can set up the appropriate support. This is similar to DSA but without the funding support and it doesn't take that long. So if you're in your third year I highly recommend seeing if you can get something similar that doesn't take as long as DSA. This can access you the same support as DSA, for example changing examinations from oral to written, extensions etc.