View Single Post
Old 19th November 2019, 14:01

Default Re: Have you ever been 'de-friended'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuq
I agree with this. I live in a decent house in a safe village, so don't have as much stress as some people, no people sharing a building with me, or having intimidating groups of people about, but I still have dozens of people walking past my house all day, am only feet away from the neighbours..

We spent the last 2 summer holidays in France, we drive there and sleep in the van. The amount of space is amazing, the roads are empty, I only use my phone to navigate because I am with my family so don't feel alone. It says a lot that I prefer living in a van, with access to space, freedom and company, than my normal life of living in a semi detached house with all it's mod cons. After being away for a few weeks I don't even like the TV on at home at first, you realise just how much technological noise you have going on day in day out.

Last year, when we had crossed back through the tunnel, we had to stop for breakfast at the first motorway services, the volume of traffic and humans was so overwhelming that I nearly cried trying to get to the toilets. This country is ridiculously crowded.
My hairdresser was telling me that some friends came to visit from Canada. They landed at Heathrow and then drove to Essex. One of their children was so freaked out by the number of cars, the speed, the feeling of being crushed and penned in on the narrow roads, etc, that she began hyperventilating and crying. I also have a neighbour who drove down to Cornwall in June for a family holiday. He said he wouldn’t do it again if you paid him. The journey itself was hell, and the idyllic little fishing village was just a giant car park, with so many visitors you could barely move. You’re right, there are too many people in this country. I hate it. Living on a crowded island like the UK makes my anxiety so much worse.