View Single Post
Old 14th April 2020, 22:59

Default Re: You know you're getting old when..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermannHesse
It's not so much a social issue. Even if one were to spend ones last in a palace with servants, the pitiful ending of one's pitiful journey will be - in all ways that it matters - much the same. In fact, dying neglected and alone in an nursing home - which is really just the method we adopt for covering up the pointlessness of life, and for the administrative processing of lived life into biological waste - is probably as good as any other way of going.

There is no real dignity or value to ageing. That is a bitter pill to swallow, and of course can jar with the feelings we have for our older relatives who we so desperately love. But the reality is, they - like us - might well have never been here. It all amounts to nothing but a pool of piss and a final whimper. Life is only useless frustrations, broken dreams, hopes that never find realisation, and feelings that only taunt then disappoint. It is effectively over with at 25, and beyond that there is no hope to be had, though we hold onto the lie of a better day through cowardice and denial. Some people are lucky enough to have sex to pass the time, a few can't even get that.

If we were to see life for what it truly is, we would all work together to dig a city sized hole in the earth and collectively jump into the planet's core, vaporizing the human race in an afternoon in a protest to the heavens against the curse of being born.
TBH, there are days when i completely understand the level of negativity, but on a rational level, I realise it's just the depressed mind. I don't agree though, I get that you might start to feel a bit more self conscious about age as you get older. I honestly think it's your depressed attitude that is the bigger barrier in life - people are more repelled by the negativity than the age. Nobody said life is easy, I mean death is something everyone will be afflicted by it's all a matter of how people cope with it. There is no use worrying about things you can't control, we have to embrace reality and deal with it in constructive ways... most people don't dwell on these kinds of things and if you really want to be free from suffering, it doesn't help to be dwelling on it. Everyone is different and has their own coping mechanisms. Focus on what you can control - worry about those things and empty the mind of the irrelevant beyond your control.