View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2012, 17:47

Default Re: Why aren't you in a relationship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer
the thing is with looks I find like at least 50% of girls attractive enough physically, but out of that it's only gonna be like 10% of them that I might be matched with personality wise. So for me I won't look for the top 5 or 10% per cent lookswise straight away (as in the "headturners") as that wouldn't make sense probability wise of finding a good match.
I am very much the same to be honest and I've always found it unbelievably frustrating.

At Uni, I knew about 20 or so girls reasonably well. Out of those, there were 5/6 that I didn't find attractive looks wise. Out of the 14/15 others that I found attractive, there was only one found 1 who I would consider girlfriend material. It's not even that I'm being fussy, it's just that I never seem to have more than superficial relationship with most people.

I guess this is why I'm so put off by the whole dating thing because I've always found it extremely hard to connect with people despite having put myself out there in all different types of social setting. It's not like there is any sort of club or social group I can join to try and improve my chances because I wouldn't say my personality is particular suited to any interest I have.