View Single Post
Old 18th August 2012, 12:51

Mood
Torn

Default Re: Where will you be this time next year?

It was marvellous to read Progress' optimistic post, and I must confess to being a tad envious that he is, as they say, in a good place. There were one or two others as well.

I must admit LCU's post struck a responsive cord, but she seems so altogether that I feel any curved ball will, eventually, be dealt with.

It is so easy, as my doctor once said to me, to allow the days to become weeks and years, etc., I thought it might be a thread that could, hopefully, motivate those, like me, stuck in the same groove into positive action. I can't bear the thought of being here at Christmas, which I love for some inexplicable reason. I never ever enjoy the day itself: total anticlimax. So the idea of being in this place for another year is unbearable. Today is unbearably hot, but some days you can almost smell autumn coming along and it makes me stop and think that I must do something. Loneliness, isolation can almost become a perverse pleasure. Then I think, what's the point and endless excuses as to why I shouldn't bother creep in: I'm too old; wherever I go no one will like me. And so it goes on but do we really want to exist in a vacuum, a tunnel, and not try to get out of it?

Now I've bored you with all that, try and find somewhere cool and sleep. Another day gone.