View Single Post
Old 27th August 2023, 22:09

Default Having self belief when no one else believes in you

A lot of people tell me I lack confidence and self-esteem, but I think that's complete rubbish. I have tons of self-belief, it's just that nobody else believes in me. The fact people think I lack self-esteem just proves that really. I'm trying my best but I'm still being told I'm pathetic.

My self-belief is what keeps me going. I'm obsessed with trying to prove everyone else wrong. Every day feels like it's me versus the world. I'm called pathetic and a no-hoper and all those sorts of names, but I'm still out there fighting. So how is that a lack of self-belief? I haven't given up at all.

I don't have much in the way of talents, skills or abilities, but that's not low self-esteem, that's just good self-awareness. I have a lot of serious limitations compared to a lot of people, but I'm not letting it hold me back. I'm still out there every day trying the best I can.

It doesn't win me any friends. It doesn't win me any respect. I'm still called pathetic. But how is it pathetic? I'm sorry if I can't be some "average Joe", but considering the hand I've been dealt I feel like I'm trying my best. Why am I a failure? That's what I don't understand. I feel like people expect too much of me. I can't offer them what they want.

I think I just want to gain some sort of inner peace. I just want the acknowledgement that I'm trying my best. I might not be one of life's achievers, but why should that make me a failure?