View Single Post
Old 25th November 2021, 22:09

Mood
Doubtful

Default Re: SA-friendly jobs

Anyone got other suggestions? I used to use cleaning as a fall back, but my physical health ain't quite what it used to be and I've had to accept it's not a realistic option for me anymore. I went back to the charity I used to work for, and just a few weeks in, I'm a total wreck. It looks like the compassion died in that place when the former colleague I came back to replace passed away. That lady was a legend and she took me on because she recognised that I am good with people when I couldn't see it. The people who seem to be running the place just now are the complete opposite, and I feel there is a total lack of understanding towards my issues and clients' issues. I am being compared with the other adviser and being told it's not fair that I am doing fewer face to face appointments with people than she does. I really try to match up to the proficient adult worker model, but I have always been slower than everyone else at everything even since school. I don't understand why really, other than it's because I have constant performance anxiety and keep making mistakes and having to correct them. The harder I try to meet expectations, the worse my anxiety gets, and I always end up being consumed night and day by the anxiety. I am a serial job leaver and the older I get and the more it happens, the harder it is to explain my CV.