View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:10

Default Re: Working from home jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christonabike
Im working from home nowadays, I used to be a civil servant working for the MOD until it got too much to cope with.

So mainly out of desperation I had a brainstorming session and out of the blue decided to be a carpenter/crafts men. I have never had any training in this but with the attitude of give it a go, I did it.

Now in process of setting my own business up and very excited and positive about the future, may not be my dream job but without doubt it's the lifestyle I'm after, I get to work from home and do something I very much enjoy and get a strong sense of self worth. While spending alot of time with my family, my only annoyance is I didn't start it earlier.
What you talking about?! - You're only 29! Well done - you've done a fantastic thing. The only problem is that you're making that mistake that people do when they're around thirty of thinking their lives are over! I'm 47 but don't feel any different to when I was 30 (apart from the morning after a few beers - that really can feel bad nowadays!). When you get to my age you'll have had around 20 years experience. I wish I had that much experience in a trade, now looking forward to the next 20 years of working.

The best people I've come across in trades are the blokes in their forties and fifties. They've got the wisdom and the calmness to make the customer feel they've chosen the right person for the job. So keep at it -if you're good now you've got so much to look forward to. I'm really envious! BTW did you do any courses? How did you get your first jobs? I'm really thinking of retraining now!