View Single Post
Old 29th June 2015, 19:34
Banned at own request

Default Re: Input for Mental Health Curriculum Project

What age group are you talking about and is this for people who have chosen to study mental health or just general classes for all students ?

As you can see from the forum there is a lot of intelligence in SA sufferers, often cynical, BS aware and willing to go defensive if they feel an unnecessary social event looming, like "Hi my name is flumpsy and I like reading and swimming",anything like that and I am gone before I even hear what the talk is about.

I have overstated this a bit and I know mental health is far more accepted these days but somebody with slight OCD tendencies (for example) may well end up reading all the bumf twice studying their own habits and ending up becoming more of the disorder, or focusing more on that than their normal abilities.

People who need help should be knowing where to get it but I think if I was given all the data I now have about SA when I was 14 I would have spent a lot of my 15/16 years worrying about it, or worrying that other people were thinking it about me.

Perhaps that is the lot of an over thinker, not specifically SA, who knows

Many SA sufferes, like me, will never speak in person to anybody about it without having to do a great deal of fixing on their own or via forums, txt, email first. These channels are REALLY important to have available, in the SA bods own time. The friendly face, cup of tea and a chat is just as bad as pulling teeth without anesthetic for me.