Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 8th November 2016, 11:41

Default Hello

Hello, I’m Charlotte and I guess I’ve joined this website because I feel stuck at the moment. I’ve known I’ve had Social Anxiety for a while now but it just seems to be increasingly hard to get anything to change.

I went through a pretty rough time back during my last few years at school and eventually ended up having a home tutor instead which helped at the time (I managed to take and pass my GCSEs) but it’s also cut me off from pretty much everyone and made my social life non-existent. I have no friends (which I hate admitting) and struggle with things that most people generally takes for granted like saying ‘hello’ back to someone if they speak to me – even the people who live in my street. I do get out to do things like go shopping and to the cinema sometimes thanks to my mum and sister but I can’t go out alone at all and don’t want to always have to depend on them for everything. I just want to be able to go out alone and also meet people but I have no idea how since I find groups overwhelming and unless someone talks to me first I wouldn’t be able to speak to them (and even then I struggle). I just feel trapped and don’t know what to do anymore I guess.