View Single Post
Old 7th February 2024, 15:52

Default Re: At what age did you start noticing first grey hair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbs
Are you me? My hair texture in the last decade or so has gone from slightly wavy to properly curly, as well as visibly thinning at the front. And then there's the facial peach fuzz, a new phenomenon. Perimenopause is a fun rollercoaster ride eh!
If I'm you then I can only apologise!

Perimenopause certainly is an ..um...experience isn't it, don't get me started . Re: hair specifically, I was kinda expecting it to dry out (which to be fair it has slightly, but then I used to have oily hair so if anything so far that bit was helpful ) but I was not prepared for it changing texture/type. My quite fine, soft, oily hair that had a slight wave or bit of body and bounce to it is now apparently determined to be coarse and dull, with random curls where it feels like. Not nice curls of course, but stupid frizzy ones no product as yet will make an impression on. I shall not be defeated, the fight goes on

I used to pluck out random white ones too, still do if they appear in my brows (not today satan). I'm trying to look at aging (and especially the aesthetic effects) with a kind of detached interest `ooo let's see how this sh*t show is going to turn out` kind of thing, although that's much trickier some days (and angles/lighting conditions) than others

P.S. My hair did thin too, which I know can be part of it but turned out in my case to be linked to anaemia and some other stuff, and has certainly thickened up since getting the right supplements, might be worth a check if you haven't done so recently