View Single Post
Old 14th December 2018, 09:57

Default What is your favourite Christmassy food, drink or snack?

The supermarket shelves are heaving with Christmas foodstuffs. All sorts of festive snacks, treats, goodies, nibbles and mouthfuls are being presented to us from the minute we march into the supermarket to the moment we crawl out again, broken and sobbing. I freely admit I surrender all self control, not to mention self respect, within seconds of seeing the the first colourful packet featuring a reindeer, santa claus or sprig of holly and load up my basket like a contestant on supermarket sweep.

Sitting here now, still 12 days before Cristmas, I am currently in the midst of a mince pie binge of Billy Bunter proportions. And that's just my breakfast!

So I was wondering, what is your favourite Christmassy food?

Are you, like me, a slave to mince pies, or are you more of a Christmas pudding or Christmas cake person? Do you go bananas for brussel sprouts or turkey and roast potatoes, or perhaps pigs in blankets or brandy butter? Do you eat all the chocolates in your advent calendar in one sitting?

And do you wash it all down with a favourite Christmas tipple? Lots of people seem to drink Baileys at Christmas.

Confess all now.