Thread: Um, hello...
View Single Post
Old 16th November 2012, 16:40

Mood
Alienated

Red face Um, hello...

Hi everyone, I'm a 22 year old uni student who has had SA for as long as I can remember. I just came here to meet people like me, as I thought it would make me feel less of a weirdo and a fool. I only realised that I wasn't a weirdo (well, hopefully) last year because of a module we were studying which detailed SA and other anxiety disorders, and I immediately matched all the symptoms to myself. It made me feel slightly better knowing that I was not alone.

I just feel I am at the end of my tether right now though with the SA, and I just don't know what to do. The feeling of indecision burdens me constantly throughout my life, but right now I really want to deal with the SA but I just have no idea what to do. It interferes so much with uni and work, and my self-esteem is so low that I find myself blushing in the most inappropriate and un-embarrassing situation

I look forward to chatting to people who feel the same. Hopefully a problem shared is a problem halved. And it helps that we all can empathise with each other, as others just don't seem to understand, as much as they do try.

Emma x