View Single Post
Old 1st May 2011, 23:24

Mood
Doubtful

Default Re: The Great Relationship Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayed
Well it seems like you have a lot of things going on -especially at uni. All the best with that. I just thought that from your original post you were severely disfigured and I was just trying to help in my cack handed way. I hope you wouldn't say someone like Katie (Piper I think) who had acid thrown in her face is shallow for having operations to improve her appearence. To me it's positive for her. Though some people might not want those operations.

If you are not severely disfigured then obviously you don't need to do anything, hopefully things will improve for you soon and you will feel better
Yeah i was being overly negative. And I did appreciate your advice ; at times when im in a better mood, I get frustrated with other people making similarly negative posts to those Iv been writing on here this weekend Though I do agree with some of dragnet's comments about there being too much emphasis on correcting perceived flaws and that there is too much emphasis on looks in this society in general. It depends on who you mix with of course, and where you get your messges from. And sure, if someone looks very different to what human beings normally look like, it must be really tough and I suppose they must feel trapped inside the disfigured exterior, so of course it makes sense of they have the money to have operations, especially with Katie Piper who was used to looking so different before that. I guess it's unrealistic to think that someone like her would have just as much chance with men as other women, although you never know - I remember someone saying that they thought they didn't look very nice and that they were kind of glad because it meant their husband must truly love her