View Single Post
Old 25th August 2010, 17:12

Mood
Balanced

Default Re: Inspirational quotes/sayings etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAli
"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelinus

"A man is not hurt so much by what happens, as by his opinions of what happens" - Micheal de Montaigne
"My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened" - Micheal de Montaigne

"Tomorrow do thy worst for I have lived today" - Horace

"Others are going to have their own opinion according to their belief system, so nothing they think about me is really about me, but it is about them. You may even tell me 'Hey, what you are saying is hurting me', but it is not what I am saying that is hurting you - it is that you have wounds that I touch by what I have said... you are hurting yourself."
-- Don Miguel Ruiz

“The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can
alter his life by altering his attitudes.”
William James (1842–1910)

“Habits of thinking need not be forever. One of the most significant
findings in psychology in the last twenty years is that individuals can
choose the way they think.”
Martin Seligman, Learned Optimism

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."-Sir Winston Churchill

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant"- Robert Louis Stevenson

"The man who insists upon seeing with perfect clearness before he decides, never decides. Accept life and you must accept regret." - Henri Frederic Amiel

"One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses" - Dale Carnegie

"A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life." - Eleanor Roosevelt
thanks for the link, i'm going to have a look at that, the intro video looks interesting