View Single Post
Old 24th November 2014, 15:21

Default Re: Hello everyone:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millynomates
Hi Overthinker,

Yes, you get me perfectly and that is really comforting.
That must be amazing , being good friends with your kids. I was desperate to have children and often wonder if I wanted create these little people to love me and be my friends.
My issues are around not feeling loved as if someone loves me and I can feel it that opens me up. Or rather brings out the best of me?? Do u have that?
Playgroups are the second worst thing right after the school run chats... there are a few snotty mums who wouldn't even say hi to me. Although this is not just SA related.
how about work? Have you ever had issues there?
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, it gives me hope for my babies growing up fine.
I know exactly what you mean Milly about being sure of somebody before you can open up to them. I think that is one of my big problems in making new friends, it takes me a long time to trust people and show them the real me.
School run chats...yes absolutely I can sympathise. You're right though you always get a group of snotty mums who look down on everyone else and that applies whether you are socially anxious or not. I did manage to connect with a few of the nicer mums and a couple I am still in touch with now. I think it's just about finding the right people for you but I know it can be very hard. I used to dread kids parties too with all the mums sitting around talking and laughing really loudly!
Work has been big a problem for me in the past too and my SA has probably been a big factor in me not progressing as much as I could even though I have found bringing up a family to be the most rewarding job for me so have concentrated mainly on that