View Single Post
Old 19th December 2018, 00:28

Mood
Tired

Default Re: The Exercise Thread

All forms of exercise make you feel good, definitely make you want to sleep at night. What I haven't seen in this thread is any insight into why; a) moving your life in a more valued direction, meeting your need to status & b) it simply makes it easier to believe the good bits about yourself.

Wonderful as exercise is, I fear a lot of people have got this idea that it's a chore, something that has to be endured, to 'make themselves less a loser' vs. 'I'm great but this will add to it'. I fear a lot of the motivation comes from the former idea which is a reason why people don't keep physically-active; note I use 'physically-active' instead of 'exercise', there's a good reason.

Now people might see exercise as a 'chore' (possibly not helped by bad memories of PE lessons), this is what needs to be turned around. Shouldn't there be more focus on getting over these obstacles? This is why I think the emphasis on running and gyms is doing a poor job of reducing obesity. Physical activity is so much broader than this and there is so much more than that.

Can't help but throw in thoughts.