Thread: hygiene
View Single Post
Old 19th August 2008, 20:52

Mood
Sneaky

Default Re: hygiene

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousLaura
It was quite big. I'm talking hand towels, not the full martine.
even still, out of all towels, i'd be least likely to, say, staunch a burst sewer, or worse still, dry my ass with a hand towel. huh, people, eh? :rolleyes:

Quote:
No but I'll now make one up. Do you have a comfortable seat to sit on?
yay! i like being interviewed!

i'm afraid i don't have a straight answer for that. if the seat was removed to a different environment, it may, indeed, prove to be comfortable.

however, the supermarket checkout is not a locale that i am suited to. these areas are designed to house small scottish women, stunted from lifelong subsistence on refined wheat, margerine, and fags, as well as copious harsh alcohol. being more like in stature to ursine creatures, rather than the more shrew-like scotswomenfolk, i find checkouts to be problematic. to pluck a receipt, i hold my arm out at shoulder height, with my forearm doubled back towards my face, and my wrist doubled back yet again, away from my face, to grip the paper 6 inches or so from my lips. no chair known to science that i know could seem comfortable in this low-paid contortionists studio. daily, the security cameras record the ongoing curvature of my spine.