View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2024, 16:06

Default Re: Why Im glad I was a child in the 70s/80s

I notice in recent years in my neighbourhood it seems kids play outside more than say 5 years ago. I think maybe there is more awareness on the importance of physical play?

The last few days I have been limiting my online time. When I do this I always notice there being much more time to do stuff and a clearer head. Those must have been some advantages to growing up in the 70's/80's. I think the problem with the internet nowadays is that we don't just use it like a tool, which it is, instead we use it to take over different aspects of life, I think most people lack boundaries with the internet.

When I was 13 the iPhone came out and it wasn't popular at least to peers around me until 2010 as we thought the touchscreen wouldn't be as easy to use as it was, most pre-iphone touchscreens didn't support multi touch and required force to use. And for sdome it wasn't until 2012 when the smartphone became seen as superior by most peers.

Even though I think internet addiction was something becoming normal in my upper teen years it was nowhere as bad as now because the shift to smartphones, more exspensive data prices, wifi not being availiable everywhere meant that there was a bit more boundary between real life and the internet then, in the very early 10's. 2010,12,13.