Thread: Can't sleep :(
View Single Post
Old 6th March 2020, 11:34

Default Re: Can't sleep :(

@ Nanuq - I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person here worrying so much about all of this, although of course I wish you wasn't so worried because I know how utterly horrible it feels to get in such a state about it

Like your dad, my mum is in poor health. She is 85, has Emphysema, and the other week was diagnosed with a type of incurable bone cancer. I also worry about my son and husband who are my entire world and my reason for living. And if something happens to me my son will have no parent although my husband is an absolutely fantastic stepdad who I know will always look out for him. But if something happened to my husband as well as me then my son has absolutely nobody at all. I even worry when my husband and myself go out in the car incase there's a fatal accident and my son is left with no one. This way of thinking is making me ill but I can't stop it.

It's been made worse by the fact that a school just 10 minutes away was closed down for a 'deep clean' after a child's relative supposedly came down with the virus.

Btw, I don't think it's rude of you at all to sanitise your hands after shaking a teachers hand. It's a sensible and responsible thing to do under the circumstances especially as your husband has suffered with health issues. In some places people are no longer shaking hands and are banging their feet together instead!

I know I'm worrying excessively but I do think some people aren't taking it anywhere near as seriously as they perhaps should be. I guess there has to be a happy median between the two extremes.