View Single Post
Old 20th April 2024, 18:19

Default Re: Being honest do you know what job environment fits you

I don't think I know exactly what job I would like to do. I think I like a job that I feel good at. Maybe I fear finding what job I really want because it might seem underwhelming if I thought about it. I feel I have more idea on the type of environment though.

I just went to my current job, it's only one day a week but I'm leaving for a full time job. The job is a small cafe that only has 10 staff at most on a busy Saturday, and that is one extra staff, but on the other 4 days there is just 6 staff, the same staff as well. I noticed the new kitchen porter seems to be bonding with the team despite not knowing too much English. Tbh I have seen this happen at other jobs, which shows non-verbal is involved for a lot of communication. I think I was good at my job but I didn't really bond with the team.

I think this is why I am looking a bit forward to working in a bigger company, although I know that the politics might be worse. I just think that their would be a bit less pressure to fit in or more tolerance because it's a place with lots of staff. At the cafe as well the head chef was speaking with the other chef, there are only two chefs, to prepare some stuff as he would be baking for the company on his off day. I think to fit in this small company it's like I have to be really passionate about what they are doing but I am not.