View Single Post
Old 28th January 2024, 14:18

Default Re: Do you have a fear of being seen as boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_brown

When I think of being genuinely bored of someone's company, I think of my uncle in law. Coaches. Every conversation came back to coaches. Driving coaches. Making models of coaches. Photographs of coaches. Routes. The kind of weaponised boredom where the other person doesn't care whether you're interested in the subject and just wants to selfishly indulge themselves. A horrible man.

Is he autistic?

I think maybe fear of being boring is based on the meaning given to the label and life experience. For example, if you feel genuinely accepted by some people, even if it isn't everyone, I imagine the label matters less than if you don't truly feel accepted by most people and this is sometimes reinforced by ghosting, the roles you may play in friendships that may be unequal in terms of sharing and listening.

Tbh, that meetup was good in some ways. I found it interesting. I didn't get weird looks or offered coaching, this actually happened in a Social anxiety self help group that I use to go to. And it was an Autistic group for Black people, I think that was good for me because although I live around other Black people I don't interact with many people, even Black people, so feel different and very anxious about that. They talked about intersectionality and stuff. So the meetup meant I was around some Black people that I felt were in some ways similar to me though it was mostly women that attended.