View Single Post
Old 17th June 2017, 03:09

Default Re: Has anyone every commented about how anxious you are/look?

^ I think quite a lot of people mistake outgoing or even loud for equalling good social skills- to me tactless does not good social skills make

I second-guess myself so much if I let my brain go there that during any conversation I`ll think `oh,I`m smiling too much` *adjusts face` `now you look miserable` *adjusts face* `now everyone can see it`s as fake as it feels` ...`I`m talking too much` *shuts up* `well now it`s an awkward silence,quick say something`...`make eye contact you look shifty` `great now I look like I`m in some sort of stare off`....basically it can be a nightmare that never ends. The best way I`ve found to date of dealing with it has been to consciously not think about myself,ask about the other person to get them talking and concentrate on listening to their replies so I can ask a follow up. If I don`t do that I end up a wreck who feels unnatural no matter what stance I take,how I`m sitting,god it`s not uncommon to have an ongoing argument internally about blinking too much vs not blinking enough. It really is exhausting at times