View Single Post
Old 20th July 2017, 10:26

Default Not sure if I have social Anxiety

Hi my name is John, I am 34, have a beautiful wife and daughter. I have a fairly decent job, life is good.

I noticed a few years ago I didn't like going out on my own, I used to make excuses like I don't like shopping, I didn't think anything of it I just liked company. This was even before I met my wife.

A couple of years ago I noticed that I would start to sweat If I had to go anywhere where there was a lot a people, even gatherings at friends, I'd sweat loads, I'd go to the bathroom to cool off and come back, then I'd be ok after a while, it was like it never happened.

Then I noticed it with people, even some I knew, I didn't mind talking to them but all the way through the conversation I would sweat. I try to avoid people now so I don't get in that situation.

I was at a meeting the other day and I started sweating before we'd even started, just in case they came to me.

The thing is is I am a social person, but I've never liked being the centre of attention.

My wife laughs it off and says I just sweat but I'm not convinced.

In the meeting I felt like screaming, like I was going to explode as its getting so frustrating now.

So do I have Social Anxiety or am I just going mad??

Thanks for the time.