View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2018, 09:46

Mood
Relaxed

Default Re: Experience of universal credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
My dad died and left me a small sum of money this is the only reason I can afford a car - a car I might add that cost me £250. It's actually cheaper in the long run than buses which now cost £9 a trip. I have low insurance because of my age and clean licence. I drink wine once in a blue moon. I eat deserts that are cheap and far from everyday. I do not eat fast food often. I've bought a sausage roll in Greggs possibly only twice this year (mostly cause i'm scared of going into places like greggs where I have to ask for something) and chip shop chips and a sausage in batter also once in a blue moon (at a cost of £2.80). I buy pizza from the supermarket and indeed make my own from scratch. I never order Chinese, Indian or Pizza etc.. from takeaways. My dad when he was alive gave me the the money for a cheap laptop (these days a lap top or PC would be considered a necessity I would have thought). My tablet which is very cheap was bought from money I saved through Quidco. I spend my DLA now PIP on mental health treatment that I should be getting from the NHS.

My basic needs probably won't be met through UC. And I might add I have a illness which prevents me from working and also from having any kind of life. What your saying is ill ppl should be prisoners in there own home and have no enjoyment. Which I find deeply backwards a bit sick. You wouldn't say that about someone who had say downs syndrome who has benefits not to just cover food and bills but to have a small amount happiness. So why pick on ppl with other illness/disabilities such as mental health issues.

Though I hope you had fun being busy dredging through my posts to make a warped point I find that highly amusing for some reason.

If you really want to challenge benefit and housing issues I strongly suggest you go and meet real ppl in various situations, needs and difficulties rather than often basing your arguments and insight on a couple of ex girlfriends.
I agree your treatment should be free, that is what we pay into the NHS for after all.

I'm not picking on you.

So what are you going to do when the change kicks in?